Sort:
lollers

What about this?

xxvalakixx

Why should white in the given way? For example:

ubluk

Against 

1.e4 e5, 2.Nf3 Bc5, 3.Nxe5 Qh4?! wouldn't it be just be fine to play 

4.d4! after 4 ... Qxe4+, 5.Be3 White might not have any material advantage, but I think much better development. 

Though I might be wrong with this idea, as I have never looked at this strange opening of Black.

lollers

I've got it!!! This is a proper opening for Black. Beat that!!!

Please be relevant, helpful & nice!

waffllemaster
melvinbluestone wrote:

Why bother to take the pawn in the first place? I know the way to refute some of these dubious openings is to just grab any loose material they leave laying around, but isn't white perfectly alright after simple developing moves like 3.Nc3 or 3.Bc4? Even 3.d4 may be playable. I've played dozens of blitz games with the line 3.d4 exd4 4.Bc4 Nc6 5.c3 Nf3 and now either 6.cxd4 or 6.e5 (or 6.b4 if you're really adventurous) and white has a good attack. Maybe theoretically unsound, but tough to prove OTB in fast games......

Because 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Bc5 3.Nxe5 1-0 black resigns lol

Seriously, I only see this in blitz, and I don't remember it ever beating me.  Black gives up a pawn for nothing.

ponz111

One problem with playing too much blitz for some players is they use lines over and over which are not optimum  and what will they do when a game comes up which is not blitz? 

I think this is one reason a master teaching a student will advise not too much blitz.

waffllemaster
lollers wrote:

I've got it!!! This is a proper opening for Black. Beat that!!!

Please be relevant, helpful & nice!

In some of your lines white is simply better.  For example after the blue 10.d5 Nxe5 11.Qxg2 white is much better.  And both variations in red on move 10 end with white in a nice position.  On 10.Ne5 add at the end of it 12.e5  And on 10.Nd2 add 12.Qb5+ Bd2 13.Qxb2 Bc6 14.Qc8+ etc.

But even in the mainline.  If the threat is 10...Nxe4 then play a simple move like 10.Bd3 to stop it.  10.Bg5 is no good if it helps black.

Tuth

pfren first i din't see what you meant, but this is a great threat:

<iframe border="0" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" width="574" height="434" src="http://www.chess.com/emboard?id=1412810"></iframe>

thundersom