Forums

Accelerated Snake Benoni - 5. e4

Sort:
ChessisGood

Recently, my new move order of the Accelerated Snake Benoni has undergone a load of criticism, and I have been forced to reinvent some of the lines beginning with 5. e4. I would like to hear your opinion of these lines in addition to where you see improvements for either side.

The less spectacular of the two lines begins with 6. Nge2:

Now, that was the simple line. In addition to the game I lost there, I also failed miserably in a quick match against FM Todd Andrews. The improvement, however, is beautiful.

Well, there it is. I am really excited about that second line, and can't wait to use it in a tournament.

CHCL

The analysis of the ASB is holding out. Keep up the good work!

P.S. I thought this opening was mostly positional, but I guess I was wrong!

Wou_Rem

There is just one thing I do not understand.
Why do you want not to financhetto your bishop?
It is basically the strong point of the benoni, the strong bishop with the queen side expansion.
What is exactly better about this?
In the second line you gave up your good bishop and you still have your bad bishop. And then you assume white will play an aggresive line that will open up your lines and give you a way to counter. What if he doesn't like that and plays a lot quieter. Then you lost everything that makes the benoni the benoni.  Does your computers replies with f4?

I don't say it is bad or anything. I am just really wondering what exactly do you like more about the position then about the modern benoni?

ChessisGood

Well, Pfren, I think that though the lines with 5. Nf3 are the most "challenging," there is enough theory to show that Black should be able to get a fair game.

ChessisGood

Sorry guys, looks like I posted the wrong line: