Forums

Coaching available 1000-1400

Sort:
pt22064
SmyslovFan wrote:

I will certainly agree that the best players do not always make the best coaches. But FIDE and many national chess federations do require trainers to be at least competent. This usually equates to at the least a 1700-1800 level of chess skill.

Imagine going to a school and finding that teachers are passionate about teaching, but don't know the basics of their subject matter. Such teachers would be told to go learn their subject before being allowed to teach.

Unfortunately, this is not true (at least in the US).  There are many teachers teaching science and math who were not math or science majors, and in many cases, never took any math or science courses beyond high school.  Conversely, if you have a PhD in math, you are not allowed to teach (at least in the public school system) without taking a lot of education courses, which in my view are largely a waste of time.

SilentKnighte5

You don't need to know Calculus to teach a 3rd grader multiplication.

TheGreatOogieBoogie
SmyslovFan wrote:

I will certainly agree that the best players do not always make the best coaches. But FIDE and many national chess federations do require trainers to be at least competent. This usually equates to at the least a 1700-1800 level of chess skill.

Imagine going to a school and finding that teachers are passionate about teaching, but don't know the basics of their subject matter. Such teachers would be told to go learn their subject before being allowed to teach.

Such places do indeed exists in America, you have fundamentalist Christian schools that may teach that the universe is 6,000 years old, which even from a theological perspective is incorrect since Rosh Hashanah is when Adam, not the Universe was made and the Jewish year is 5,774 (okay, close enough to 6,000)

Even this is incorrect from an actual/scientific (i.e., perspective that matters) angle because the earliest humans date back to far older than that. 

You have people trying to "prove" the flood was real and "disprove" evolution and merely demonstrate that they lack a concept of small change over large periods of time equate to big changes. 

Popeye_Sailorman

I deleted my comment on this forum.I posted this forum to  just teach peoples here for free. I may not be a brilliant player or a gm like u people who just scolded me for this forum i know the fundamentals and some tactics i m learning daily i got live chess standard to 1491 blitz to 1409 on my own bcoz i dont have enough money to hire a coach so that i posted this forum just as a service...

Point to remember u cant get a degree overnight u need to study abcd and 12345 to become a scholar like that i dont want to be a Master/bachelor degree lecturer i m happy to be a primary school teacher...

I havent told that  i will teach upto 1800 above like that i said i will teach beginners upto 1400  everyone should appreciate this rather than scolding me.....

Pulpofeira

You shouldn't delete a comment that is not offensive. You did nothing wrong.

Till_98

you need someone with an good understanding of the game, who can intuitively share his thoughts and answer your questions. Its very important that he doesnt simply share his opinion but that he shares true things.

JustEdward
senthil11089 wrote:

I deleted my comment on this forum.I posted this forum to  just teach peoples here for free. I may not be a brilliant player or a gm like u people who just scolded me for this forum i know the fundamentals and some tactics i m learning daily i got live chess standard to 1491 blitz to 1409 on my own bcoz i dont have enough money to hire a coach so that i posted this forum just as a service...

Point to remember u cant get a degree overnight u need to study abcd and 12345 to become a scholar like that i dont want to be a Master/bachelor degree lecturer i m happy to be a primary school teacher...

I havent told that  i will teach upto 1800 above like that i said i will teach beginners upto 1400  everyone should appreciate this rather than scolding me.....

I understand you.. y not challenge them to have a match with you

Popeye_Sailorman

Its nothing i can prove to them.They wont accept my challenge at all coz im lower in rating than them.This forum is purely for the lower rated and poor peoples like me.I want to share the knowledge with me thats all but bcoz of some idiotic people here i undersand if anything is done for free its regarded as the low rated thing thanks for u guys who are all supported me to my comments...

JustEdward
senthil11089 wrote:

Its nothing i can prove to them.They wont accept my challenge at all coz im lower in rating than them.This forum is purely for the lower rated and poor peoples like me.I want to share the knowledge with me thats all but bcoz of some idiotic people here i undersand if anything is done for free its regarded as the low rated thing thanks for u guys who are all supported me to my comments...

do it for free and even they won't take it seriously then it's up to them,, remember people who were being bashed and mis understood or became a laughing stock were there people who made great things in history.. people who made great things were experienced a lot of insult and non sesnse laughter from people around them.. who are they?? we know them... einstein? wright brothers? a lot.... if coaching and teaching is your passion well do it..

tjepie

i tryed to get him as teacher. he wanted 65$ and 5$ per 3 hour's. i didn't pay ofcourse. he is just a poor loser

JustEdward
tjepie wrote:

i tryed to get him as teacher. he wanted 65$ and 5$ per 3 hour's. i didn't pay ofcourse. he is just a poor loser

LOL...    i am a chess coach here in PHILIPPINES but I don't ask that much money

gods_gifted_person

i need coaching

gods_gifted_person

can u coach me

Popeye_Sailorman
JustEdward wrote:
tjepie wrote:

LOL...    i am a chess coach here in PHILIPPINES but I don't ask that much money

I didnt asked him anymoney he just abused me so i blocked him somehow he managed to post this ....