Forums

Good e4 Opening with Queen

Sort:
IAMTeHMeRciLess

7 Bg5 h6 8. Bh4 0-0 9. Bbc3 Na5 If 10. Bxf6 then Qxf6, 11. Qxf6 Bxf6, and I still like Black's position not only due to the bishop pair. 

The_Gavinator

Bbc3?

IAMTeHMeRciLess

I meant to say Bb3. 

The_Gavinator

My bad, move 7 should be h3, I was thinking ahead.

One_Mat

i don't think so..erm

The_Gavinator

what do you mean mat?

Olthetime

@jim483 How is bc4 forcing anything other than the immidiate loss of the Queen. Doesnt seem that clever to me.

I honestly think this thread was started as a bit of interweb trolling. Noone with the ability to calculate 2 moves in advance would play it.

The_Gavinator

Guys, look past the scholar's mate, this is a much more powerful attack.

Rubidium
The_Gavinator

move 5 is Ne2 for white, dummy

jim483
Olthetime wrote:

@jim483 How is bc4 forcing anything other than the immidiate loss of the Queen. Doesnt seem that clever to me.

I honestly think this thread was started as a bit of interweb trolling. Noone with the ability to calculate 2 moves in advance would play it.

I'm not following you olthetime, my comments were in the vein of the devils advocate, trying to rationalize why people want to play the parham. I thought the last couple sentences of my post made that evident but i guess not. if you had read some of my earlier comments on the topic you see that i'm no fan of the parham. but while were on the subject. 1.e4...e5, 2.qh5...nc6, 3.bc4 drops the queen? i also tend to agree about your thoughts that someones just trolling. awaiting your reply.

nswwsn
This came from a combination of reasonable looking moves and computer analysis it leads to an even game. 

The_Gavinator

nswwsn, this the problem with people introducing new openings, people try to shoot it down with completely pointless lines. why would white play 6. 0-0, that completely gives up the attack. play 6. d3

nswwsn
The_Gavinator wrote:

nswwsn, this the problem with people introducing new openings, people try to shoot it down with completely pointless lines. why would white play 6. 0-0, that completely gives up the attack. play 6. d3

0-0 is slightly better than d3 but both work you won't get a strong attack though because black can force the trading off of pieces. However you can get a complex middle game which would be useful since you will (probably) be more familiar with the position than your opponent as it is not a common opening.

The_Gavinator

Yes, that is the beauty of uncommon openings. After the main line, with 5. Ne2, I usually go for the knight pin, since both of its protecting pawns have moved up.

The_Gavinator

Nakamura said he liked this...

The_Gavinator

And?