Forums

How to Blast out Kings gambit???

Sort:
red_ratfan

}{

The_Gavinator

Jetfighter, looking at your game you were under siege the entire game, that's not exactly what your looking when playing white is it?

whatupyodog

Jetfighter, how the fuck does qd3 lose me a minor, i would still be winning, and all of ur comments saying my moves were bad are wrong

The_Gavinator

The jetfighter-whatupyodog backs up my original point. Against KG, either play aggressive and crush white if you are an attacker, and if you are a passive player, just trade pieces and win in the endgame.

Ben_Dubuque

after 18...Kh8 which you played 19. Qd3! and now you have to decide wheather to trade queens and loose the bishop on d4 or loose your rook, is there anything that I missed.

whatupyodog

yes, after trade bxb2 and your fucked

ChessisGood

@whatupyodog: Please refrain from using derogatory language in the forums, as this is a family-friendly site.

Ben_Dubuque

and you just lost your rook genius and you may take mine, I promote, take out your passer and the game is equal

Ben_Dubuque

hey atleast I didn't fall flat on my face until after move ten lol

also how was the game from your perspective.

ArchieBunker

Jet: if you can force through exf7 instead of simply pushing e7, the threat of mate in one will force black to give away the farm just to stay in the game.  Think about how you can do that...which black piece prevents this, and can it be blocked, removed, or lured away somehow...

Ben_Dubuque

analysed it all, I screwed it up at the end, the most recent post is all correct, best as possible, taking on f7 actually would have helped him in game

The_Gavinator

You actually screwed it up at move 2, Qh5 is known to be correct.

Ben_Dubuque

no it gives black easy equality, plus I know how to play the KG better than I could ever hope to know that move, mainly cuz I don't play it, but I don't like sticking my queen out that early, its begging for her to get chased arround like a cheerleader without her bra.

The_Gavinator

Even if the Parham gave black equality (which it doesn't), at least it wouldn't give black an advantage (KG).

Ben_Dubuque

the KG doesn't give black the advantage, look at the line I just posted in your parham forum, look at my game against whatup till about move 12, and then tell me who has the advantage.

Rubidium

Gavinator: 2. Qh5 is at best interesting. 

2.Nf3, 2.Nc3, 2.Bc4 2.d4!? 2. h3? (Lol: Played by Morphy) 2.f4 all are ok. None of these moves are bad (except 2.h3)

Qh5 isn't bad, but black has an easy game with best play from white. If white plays poorly, black can easily gain an advantage.

The_Gavinator

Jetfigher, you held up until about move 12 until you got crushed because you left your kingside open.

Ben_Dubuque

no I could have easily held, check out the Qd3 line where the only person who can hope to win is white due to a more active king

The_Gavinator

A more active king on move 12? Do you hear yourself talking?

Ben_Dubuque

no no, by move 20 something in the endgame. I said in the Qd3 line