Forums

Hurt/Heal responses to the Open Game(1.e4 e5)

Sort:
kco

working together W+W I see Laughing

Ben_Dubuque

because it has never been used by a world champion where as what you call dubious KG has defeated world champions, and has been used by world champions. and was the manliest way to open a game for 200 years. sorry but history trumps arrogance even I can bow to that. why do you think the Spartan Phalanx was able to hold up a million strong army for 7 days. not only that but the spartans took out a good tenth of that in three days of fighting. that same tactic has been used time and time again to devastating effect, why do you think that The Art of War is required text at West Point even though it was written 2500 years ago. History always repeats itself. dumb Ideas are cast out and good ideas are writen down. History wins every time.

Ben_Dubuque

The Parham is a disgrace to all serious chess players. I consider it an insult if someone plays it against me. grow a pair and sacrifice a pawn and then try to prove that it was worth it. but don't ever send your lady into battle hoping that she won't be ******

Ben_Dubuque
whatupyodog8 wrote:
jetfighter13 wrote:

because it has never been used by a world champion where as what you call dubious KG has defeated world champions, and has been used by world champions. and was the manliest way to open a game for 200 years. sorry but history trumps arrogance even I can bow to that. why do you think the Spartan Phalanx was able to hold up a million strong army for 7 days. not only that but the spartans took out a good tenth of that in three days of fighting. that same tactic has been used time and time again to devastating effect, why do you think that The Art of War is required text at West Point even though it was written 2500 years ago. History always repeats itself. dumb Ideas are cast out and good ideas are writen down. History wins every time.

The Spartans held cuz the persians were too dumb to flank them.

no the Persians didn't even know a flankin rout existed until a traitor showed it to them and then Xerxes used it immediately. unfortunately the guard of that pass had abandoned and well we all know the story. 300 Spartan's and 700 Thespians stood their ground until every last one of them was killed. it however worked. and Greece was Spared.

Ben_Dubuque
workaholic69 wrote:

Huh, whatupyodog is a huge fan, and jetfighter is a huge hater, maybe you should play eachother or something?

we have numerous times but I always blunder and well it never ends well for me. I have risen above that BS. and am using historical fact to my advantage. yet he insists on arguing against history proving his insanity.

Ben_Dubuque

no actually if he stays alive on this site long enough he is about 1800-2000 on this site. I think he said he was 1800 USCF. the only non cc game we played was a 5 min blitz game that I lost mainly because I don't do Blitz. I do 15|0 so that if I need time to calculate I have it. anyway. KG is the much more sane option. play the KG and your opponent will think you are either A crazy or B a good player who appreciates history. play the Parham and your opponent will know you are just playing a trap.

asvpcurtis

the parham isn't a good opening it immediately loses the advantage of the first move and i wouldn't play it

Ben_Dubuque

well ever consider we are weaker than you anyway... also there was one game where you were loosing completely then your opponent got greedy and lost thatway.

1RedKnight99

After post on last page by workaholic69:

1st: Nf3 (Mainline) 56 points

2nd: d4 (Center Game) 18 points

3rd: f4 (King's Gambit) 0 points OUT

4th: Bc4 (Bishop's Opening) 0 points OUT

5th: Nc3 (Vienna) 0 points OUT

6th: Ne2 (Alapin) 0 points OUT

7th: Bb5 (Portuguese Opening) 0 points OUT

8th: Qf3 (Napoleon) 0 points OUT

9th: f3 (King's Head) 0 points OUT

10th: Ke2 (Bongcloud) 0 points OUT

11th: Qh5 (Parham) 0 points OUT

Come on guys, only 1 actual vote has happened!

waffllemaster

Reminds me of a game I was playing online last night... I was winning so easily I opened up youtube and started watching Will Smith's gettin' jiggy with it music video.... na-na na-na na na na!  Wait, what the... I'm down the exchange?  When did... crap.

lol

kco
workaholic69 wrote:

Where can I find these Parham Fans?

right here

http://www.chess.com/groups/view/parham-fans 

don't worry about me I am not in there. Smile

MSC157

As ever, Heal Nf3

I think I don't have to hurt since it's obvious ;)

slide_checkmate

I agree with MSC. Heal Nf3.

Nraja

heal Nf3 hurt d4

1RedKnight99

After post 445 by Nraja:

1st: Nf3 (Mainline) 62 points

2nd: d4 (Center Game) 9 points

3rd: f4 (King's Gambit) 0 points OUT

4th: Bc4 (Bishop's Opening) 0 points OUT

5th: Nc3 (Vienna) 0 points OUT

6th: Ne2 (Alapin) 0 points OUT