Forums

Sicilian, Scheveningen variation, 6.f4 b6

Sort:
hedgehog_5051

Is there a good way how to pusnish the black's 6...b6? I didn't saw. Or...this is a good move from black?

hedgehog_5051

Well?

hedgehog_5051

Thanks for an advise. I didn't saw 8.Qf3. Now I am understand how bad is 6...b6.

peacelovinganarchist

very good question hedgehog, since i believe it was me who made this bad move in our game :) i was looking to bring bsp to b7 and momentarily forgot the book move was a6 which i pointed out to you as you were punishing me :) shortly afterwards, thank you IM pfren for your time and the diagram but can i ask you what do you think instead of move 9 in your diagram- a6-instead nb-d7 ?

peacelovinganarchist

our game took a different line, it ended up down to pwns, i was ahead by a couple of minutes on time but i think hedgehog had a better position, my children arrived home and we agreed a draw(its the truth) but i spent most of the game defending b6-bad move-hedgehog is welcome to post the whole game if he wishes, i enjoyed the game hedgehog and would like to play you again soon-thank you..

peacelovinganarchist

IM pfren-yes i see now,sorry- 9 e5 pxp pxp kxp qxrk qxq k-c7+ yes?

peacelovinganarchist

n-c7+ sorry..

shepi13

I feel like black was trying to get into a hedgehog and chose a rather unfortunate move order, hedgehog.