Forums

what is the d5 and then e6 opening?

Sort:
Elite_Spartan

it looks like a french opening but it also seems like queen pawn game. or even the slav

Fear_ItseIf

the queens gambit declined?

waffllemaster
Achilleskim1201 wrote:

it looks like a french opening but it also seems like queen pawn game. or even the slav

Depends on what white does.  The french, queen's gambit family, and caro family... yeah it's all the same basic (pawn) structure.  Black pawn on d5, breaks on e5 and c5.

Nyameba

transposition to queen's gambit declined

Elite_Spartan

I think its similiar to the french if not the french defense, but he moves it in a different order.

Elite_Spartan

estragon thank you! You gave the best answer. Now what would the best attack be?

waffllemaster

And as far as attacking, we don't even know if he means from the white or black side yet heh.

AndyClifton
FirebrandX wrote:
Achilleskim1201 wrote:

estragon thank you! You gave the best answer. Now what would the best attack be?

His 'best answer' was the same thing the rest of us posted: 1.d4 d5 2.c4 e6 or 1.d4 e6 2.c4 d5 are both the Queen's Gambit Declined.

Hm, just what I was thinking... Laughing

jclheriteau

IM Pfren what would be the game fundamentals?

AndyClifton

Once again you gave the best answer. Smile

jclheriteau
Estragon wrote:
jclheriteau wrote:

IM Pfren what would be the game fundamentals?

He means to forget worrying about opening lines and just learn the game.  The basic principles will get you through the opening for now. 

Study tactics and learn the basic endgames first, openings later.

OK I will give try this as I have been plateauing (is this decent English??) for a while, despite a generally better opening... Thanks Estragon