Forums

What to play against e4 for 1800 to 1900 level players?

Sort:
Marty435

If you know me very well or played me multiple times u might realize I play a LOT of openings (mainly as black) I'll show what i play and then i want u to suggest an opening for me (I am also both really good at sharp aggressive play and slow positional play ) and don't talk about if it depends on my opponents ratings because more likely than not I'll play the same thing.

in the sicillian defense 2. c3 i did not mean to put 3. d6 Sorry but anyways if your about my level or higher can you suggest some openings Thanks!

Marty435

no i don't play either as white my opponents play them read above i said mainly black and I'm showing the black openings

Marty435

against e4

gingerninja2003

play the one you know the most. if you know them all equally then play a mixture. measure you're win/loss percentage when playing each black opening or play the one where you feel you get the mst comfortable middle game.

Marty435

thanks

frankiesheehy
I'm an Alapin player (1. e4 c5 2.Nf3) just as a tip- don't play d6. Play d5 or Nf6. Black's goal is to try to control d5 in the Alapin, so d6 is far too passive
masterfowler

depends on the sort of positions you like i suppose ☺ if you like unbalanced borderline crazy positions,why not look at the sveshnikov variation in the sicilian?

chesssky2

caro kann

Marty435

hi to late im 2000 now

chesssky2

cry.png

Marty435

want to play?

Marty435

send me challenge.

Marty435

late post and I'm 2000 now so sorry.