Forums

Zukertort -Colle Illustrated Game

Sort:
KingSlominski

Jerry Slominski used opening "The Colle-Zukertort to defeat 2150elo level Houdini2 It  is a chess opening strategy for White that constricts Black's play, preventing him from easily attacking White's King Black's game can become crippled after just a few inaccurate moves. Toggle button below board will show describe the details, moves,

Toggle button below board will show describe the details, moves,

AndyClifton

I'm pretty sure those guys never played each other.  But anyway, why look at some dusty old game when you can see a nifty slogan instead!

KingSlominski

Zukertort  not play Colle  but vs Steinitz  he nearly won world championship  ....using these same mainlines

AndyClifton

Shazam!  Now there's a game, and with a computer no less!  Or at least it's a board...but it's another one of those blitzkrieg-eye-view ones (uh-oh, I think I'm getting vertigo)...

KingSlominski
AndyClifton wrote:

Shazam!  Now there's a game, and with a computer no less! 

KingSlominski

from the bio   http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chess.pl?tid=53788 

circumstances of the 1886 match.In 1886 these two great chess minds sat down to play what is now regarded by most chess historians as the first official World Chess Championship.

After Zukertort wiped the floor with Steinitz in New York (+4-1=0) Zukertort suffered what we would call a mini-stroke Steinitz soon overcame his deficit

AndyClifton

Yeah, but boy, could Zukie swashbuckle.