Forums

People who DO NOT RESIGN in a lost position.

Sort:
LadyMisil

Bump

LadyMisil

Bump

Richard_Hunter

Just blocked another clown who wouldn't resign with good grace.

amiakr8
LadyMisil wrote:

I am truly wondering about the value of etiquette in today’s times. In the old days, if you displayed poor etiquette, you were shunned, ostracized, and made outcast. Nowadays, there is always some subculture that will accept you. And on the Internet, it seems all social rules are different. Perhaps ettiquette now only belongs to family and close day to day friends. Even business etiquette is changing with the Internet. As long as it is legal, you can do anything, and on the Internet, there is no police. Times are changing, socially, too!

BUYP

I'm not a Forum person; I had to look up what "bump" meant.

CaptainPol

DoctorStrange schreef:

What do you think about them? What to do about them? When I am a Queen up and winning position my opponent DO NO RESIGN! 

Frustrating...

I just finished a game. I had a rook and a queen against his knight. Still he made to play it out until mate, at 1 move a day. Boring.

amiakr8

That's one of the things we put up with in daily games; even worse is vacation

glamdring27

Someone rated 1000 is not guaranteed to know how to mate even with a rook and a queen against a knight so he might as well play it out.  There are plenty of reasons for not resigning in daily games, potentially.

As for vacation, well yes obviously it is unacceptable that some people have lives and aren't glued to their chess games 24/7.

amiakr8

Sometimes their lives don't stop them from being active in bullet,blitz and rapid while they're on vacation.

LadyMisil

@ Richard - Good! You’re getting the right idea! Don’t play and complain. Do something about it.

@ amiakr - I bumped because some of the pages had gotten too long with the quotes. As a service to everyone in this Forum.

@CaptainPol - I hope you never sign up for another Daily game. Dailies are like Postal Chess. Stick to Live.

@glamdring - Love your sarcasm! Yes, let’s kick off anyone on Chess.com that has a life. We need only devoted 24/7 players here. Everyone else has got to go!

LadyMisil

Hi, luvtuna! What can I say? I like shooting arrows, lol!

Loudcolor

NEVER RESIGN!!

glamdring27
amiakr8 wrote:

Sometimes their lives don't stop them from being active in bullet,blitz and rapid while they're on vacation.

Sometimes people want to play quick Bullet/Blitz games but don't want the hassle of their daily games for a few days.

I never even notice when my opponent goes into vacation mode, their game just stops appearing in the list of those demanding action from me until they come back.

amiakr8

If it were just a few days, I wouldn't even bring it up

bobble52

What's even worse than their not resigning is when they end up winning.

DrSpudnik

Poetic justice at last!

Kjasmine008
DoctorStrange wrote:

What do you think about them? What to do about them? When I am a Queen up and winning position my opponent DO NO RESIGN! 

Frustrating...

They are okay, and anyways, I don't resign either. That's why you should never play games beyond 15, or atleast that's what my opinion is, or else, if they don't continue the game starting from a certain time, you'd have to wait a long time. It's not frustrating, though. 

pramodks

opponent not resign not moving last 10 minutes after 1 piece down. what to do

glamdring27

Browse t'internet and win on time.

LadyMisil

Don’t play that opponent anymore, or don’t play slow blitz ... play bullet only. Your fault if you get into that situation again, not your opponent’s fault. Your opponent has legal game rights to do anything he wants on the Internet. There is no law here, unless you count Chess.com which I pretty much laugh at their efforts.

Richard_Hunter

How about name and shaming the miscreants?