Forums

Ultimate Chess Player of the Month July 2012

Sort:
ilikeflags

remember how nice Alan was?

electricpawn
ilikeflags wrote:

He was nice, but don't disagree with him!

My vote? ivandh!

HessianWarrior

blackfirestorm666 123,000 points, 145,000 profile views, and 1230 cc games, she works around the clock on chess.com.

goldendog
ilikeflags wrote:

My watch is broken. A Rolex, too. How unexpected.

proKnight98

MOST ACTIVE MEMBERS CATEGORY VOTING

From the large list of members we need to place them into the three categories of this month. We will do this through a category vote.

On July 5th, vote for the member who you think is the most active. On July 6th vote for the member who you think is the friendliest. You have one vote on each of the days listed above. All days are based on the Pacific. Do not vote until I tell you to. Note: a member cannot be put into more than one section, so if on July 5th Pikachu is voted into the top four people in most active, and if on July 6th Pikachu is voted into the top six for friendliest, then he will not be in friendliest but in most active only. Tip: have in mind the member you want to vote for in each category. They should be (and have to be) different.

Number of members estimated in each section (these numbers can change): 

Best chess player: AndyClifton, Kacparov, ozzie_c_cobblepot, heinzie (these people will not be in any other sections)

Most active: 6 members

Friendliest: 6 members

It is now July 5th so lets get started on voting for members who should be in the most activecategory only! You have one vote (please vote in purple) and voting ends July 5th 11:59 PM Pacific.

veggiegirlie

haddad56

deckers1066

LisaV

blackfirestorm666     2

bigpoison

echecs06

TheGrobe

corrijean

chess_kebabs

STAR_egypt

ivandh     4

kco

electricpawn     

theoreticalboy

HessianWarrior

@ proKnight-  How about that there is one straight up final vote at the end of the month for the single most popular finalist on your list of chess players. If there is a tie then run a playoff, there isn't any August CPOTM to worry about.

proKnight98
HessianWarrior wrote:

@ proKnight-  How about that there is one straight up final vote at the end of the month for the single most popular finalist on your list of chess players. If there is a tie then run a playoff, there isn't any August CPOTM to worry about.

Haha i was thinking about that :) yes i will do that.

proKnight98

From the large list of members we need to place them into the three categories of this month. We will do this through a category vote.

On July 5th, vote for the member who you think is the most active. On July 6th vote for the member who you think is the friendliest. You have one vote on each of the days listed above. All days are based on the Pacific. Do not vote until I tell you to. Note: a member cannot be put into more than one section, so if on July 5th Pikachu is voted into the top four people in most active, and if on July 6th Pikachu is voted into the top six for friendliest, then he will not be in friendliest but in most active only. Tip: have in mind the member you want to vote for in each category. They should be (and have to be) different.

Best chess player: AndyClifton, Kacparov, ozzie_c_cobblepot, heinzie (these people will not be in any other sections)

It is now July 5th so lets get started on voting for members who should be in the most activecategory only! You have one vote (please vote in purple) and voting ends July 5th 11:59 PM Pacific.

veggiegirlie

haddad56

deckers1066

LisaV

blackfirestorm666     1

bigpoison

echecs06

TheGrobe

corrijean

chess_kebabs

STAR_egypt

ivandh     3

kco

electricpawn     

theoreticalboy

We need more members to fill up this category! You can no longer vote for ivandh or blackfirestorm666, they are already going to be in the most active category.

Now, I am going to change it to allowing everyone to have two votes instead of one. If you already voted for one member for most active, you can vote again for a different member.

Note: some of you are confused about the voting. When I say you have two votes I do not mean you have two votes in all for all three categories, I mean that you have two votes for each category.

HessianWarrior
proKnight98 wrote:
HessianWarrior wrote:

Haha i was thinking about that :) yes i will do that.

Great.

netzach

chess_kebabs & STAR_egypt :)

proKnight98

On July 5th, vote for the member who you think is the most active. On July 6th vote for the member who you think is the friendliest. You have two votes on each of the days listed above. All days are based on the Pacific. Do not vote until I tell you to. Note: a member cannot be put into more than one section, so if on July 5th Pikachu is voted into the top four people in most active, and if on July 6th Pikachu is voted into the top six for friendliest, then he will not be in friendliest but in most active only. Tip: have in mind the two members you want to vote for in each category. They should be (and have to be) different.

veggiegirlie

haddad56

deckers1066

LisaV

blackfirestorm666     2

bigpoison

echecs06

TheGrobe

corrijean

chess_kebabs     1

STAR_egypt     1

ivandh     4

kco

electricpawn     

theoreticalboy

We need more members to fill up this category! You can no longer vote for ivandh or blackfirestorm666, they are already going to be in the most active category.

Now, I am going to change it to allowing everyone to have two votes instead of one. If you already voted for one member for most active, you can vote again for a different member.

Note: some of you are confused about the voting. When I say you have two votes I do not mean you have two votes in all for all three categories, I mean that you have two votes for each category.

HessianWarrior

How did blackfirestorm666 go from 2 to 1 and ivandh from 4 to 3?

DrSpudnik

Fear of instability in European markets drove ivandh down sharply on mixed trading

proKnight98
HessianWarrior wrote:

How did blackfirestorm666 go from 2 to 1 and ivandh from 4 to 3?

oops i copied the wrong list. thanks for telling me. *fixed now

Twobit

Yes, this is fuzzy math right here...

malko

I vote for TheGrobe

ivandh

I vote for Electricpawn and Theoreticalboy

corrijean

LisaV

ozzie_c_cobblepot

LisaV and EP

electricpawn