Forums

Who is your least favorite chess player of all time, and why?

Sort:
nameno1had

You are right, I overlook the indiscretions of some.....those who are too stupid to realize they are insulting themselves, I assume they fail to realize they do it to everyone indiscriminantly....however, those that put themselves on a pedestal, I enjoy bringing them back to reality....

AlCzervik

There would be nobody left.

nameno1had

If you didn't before Con_flags....now you just saw an example of the first type....when someone doesn't put themselves ablove everyone, but still insults, they fit into the first category...out of pity, I leave them to their vices. I find trying to reason with them impractical. How could someone who is unreasonable with themselves be reasoned with ?

Conflagration_Planet

What example?

nameno1had

Nevermind...I'll talk to you later

AlCzervik
nameno1had wrote:

Nevermind...I'll talk to you later

No, go ahead and write it here. We can't wait for you next post that takes up the whole page where the meaning (if any) goes in circles.

nameno1had

@saarinen

If you read back several posts, a story is there that has some dirt on him...

Some people are insignificant, so their negative deeds go largely unnoticed...they are condescending to people, try to stir up trouble, are always taking cheap shots, often without provocation.

They even will simply defend a friend because they are a friend, even if their friend is wrong. When they are a stool pigeon or at best a second, no one notices accept for the little guy. Most of these people, who are too busy laughing with their friends and trying to come up with other cruel humor to pick on people with, never do anything noteworthy with their lives, except kiss their friends arses and live for their acceptance, instead of speaking out against any and everyone who does wrong....

nameno1had

It starts at post 115 and the are several more there after....

Ubik42
goldendog wrote:
MyCowsCanFly wrote:

It's difficult to compare jerks from different eras. Different styles are also difficult to compare.

plus, the newer jerks are standing on the shoulders of the old jerks, which is typical behavior for them.

LOL

Ubik42

I had the Chessmaster 2000 from way back in the 80's on the Amiga Computer. I didn't know how to turn off the voice, and it spoke in that annoying computerese (The same one Stephen Hawking still uses, and cannot change, because now it has become recognized as "his voice")

Anyway, largely because of the voice, which still echoes in my head at times, (plus its annoying propensity to beat me), I hate it more than any other chessplayer.

"I am the Chessmaster.

Your move.

Your move.

Your move.

Your move.

Your move.

Check.

Your move.

Check.

Check.

Check.

Checkmate. You Lose."

Conflagration_Planet

:)

Bubble1997

For me its aronian

fburton

Least favourite? Aronian?? Why??? Yell

cartmankyle

All Steven Seagal films have one of the following plot lines..

1. Seagal is after some son of a b**** who has kidnapped his daughter.

2. Seagal is after some son of a b**** who put him in jail for a crime he didn't commit.

3. Seagal side-steps or trips over the guards who are protecting the son of a b**** who committed plot line 1 or 2.

4. Seagal always wakes up in the middle of the night after a bad dream, only for it to become reality.

5. In some point in any Seagal film, he walks over to someone with a gun, and somehow twists the gun around, where he then shoots the crook.

6. Always wears the the same leather black long Trench coat, which is resistant to all weather, gun shots, knife blades and even the grease off his pony tail. It also makes him look 20 lbs lighter and allows him to kick swiftly and hide magical bullets in the pockets.

7. MUST MUST MUST have an Asian/Oriental element.

8. A female half the age of Seagal must be fascinated by him or at least have a make out session with him.

jakefusaro

At many times, myself. I hate how impulsive I can be at times and how many mistakes I make that could have been avoided easily had I studied the position for 5 more seconds.

CrystalBeth
pfren wrote:
fburton wrote:

Least favourite? Aronian?? Why??? 

He is probably an Azeri.

HE'S AN ARMENIAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and my least favorite? Though I greatly admire Alekhine's playing style, I'm Jewish, so I am strongly offended by his sympathization with the Nazis.

nameno1had

MonochromeRainbow wrote:

pfren wrote:

fburton wrote:

He is probably an Azeri.

Oh and my least favorite? Though I greatly admire Alekhine's playing style, I'm Jewish, so I am strongly offended by his sympathization with the Nazis.

Though I can certainly understand and sympathize with Jews who feel persecuted and/or who have hatred for their former opressors and their allies... However, wasn't even Lot and his family righteous in a despicable group of people? Simply hating all for what some or most do isn't right. Aside from that, it is generally frowned upon to make such strong political and anti-ethnic/nationality ascertions. Aside from that, one of my favorite chess players is Tigran Petrosian. He was Armenian born, but I know nothing of his beliefs. I'll admit it would be a huge blow to me if I found out he despised what I believe in, but I couldn't stop respecting his play. In fact, as long as he never was outwardly wicked to anyone, I would have to simply respect his right to believe what he wants. The truth to many is a lie to others and they have never been taught any better. It isn't fair to hate them for their ignorance. I reserve contempt for those that I know , know better. The Aramenians held an ancient grudge against Israel....most of the people involved in the 1940's didn't even know the history for the grudge. Just like most people today barely remember what happened in WW2 . People who practice racism should be pitied far more than hated. They are too ignorant to hate...

fburton
MonochromeRainbow wrote:
pfren wrote:
fburton wrote:

He is probably an Azeri.

Yes, of course - but I read pfren as suggesting that Bubble1997, not Aronian, is an Azeri (or has Azeri sympathies). However, as nameno1had said, simply hating all for what some or most do isn't right.

AlCzervik

You just made nemo proud.

varelse1
fburton wrote:
MonochromeRainbow wrote:
pfren wrote:
fburton wrote:

He is probably an Azeri.

Yes, of course - but I read pfren as suggesting that Bubble1997, not Aronian, is an Azeri (or has Azeri sympathies). However, as nameno1had said, simply hating all for what some or most do isn't right.

Like Azeri star Teimour Radjabov said, when asked about Aronian: "The enemy is the enemy!"