Forums

bi-racial chess

Sort:
AutisticCath

I invented a new chess variant called bi-racial chess! Now, black and white can cooperate TOGETHER! Oh yes, white bishops are now only on dark squares and black bishops on light squares. So here it is--

AutisticCath

Someone beat me to this anti-racist chess variant already? Aw shucks!

IpswichMatt

Good first attempt at being "inclusive", but surely some of the pieces should have wheelchairs and others should be transgender - or something.

Honestly, it's almost like diversity awareness training has been lost on you.

ThrillerFan

This is an illegal position as both kings are in check at the same time!

AutisticCath

Thrillerfan,

It's perfectly legal because the kings are married to their queens of opposite race.

IpswichMatt,

Thanks, I will work on that.

ThrillerFan
newengland7 wrote:

Thrillerfan,

It's perfectly legal because the kings are married to their queens of opposite race.

IpswichMatt,

Thanks, I will work on that.

Man, I can't wait to see this reunion between the head of the KKK and the head of the NAACP!  This ought to be a hoot!

BattleChessGN18
jengaias wrote:

You didn't invent a new chess variant.

You invented one more way to make us shake our head from frustration.

Instead of a discouraging attitude like that, we should probably ask him to clarify what the rules are; it doesn't seem like he made them very clear, so we should first know what they are before "[shaking] our heads". Laughing

AutisticCath

The rules are like normal chess--just that the colours are now mixed as segregation based on race in the land of chess has now officially been outlawed--HOORAY!

You can pretend some are also handi-capped and pawns that want to become queens are transgender.

Reb
AutisticCath

I know what you mean Reb--the racism of traditional chess makes me sick too. But we're going to fix that.

Senior-Lazarus_Long

Maybe both Queens on one side,and both Kings on the other.

BattleChessGN18
newengland7 wrote:

The rules are like normal chess--just that the colours are now mixed as segregation based on race in the land of chess has now officially been outlawed--HOORAY!

You can pretend some are also handi-capped and pawns that want to become queens are transgender.

Are you for real that this is a  chess variant, Broz? Or, is this simply an attempt at chess humor? (I'm assuming the latter?)

Because both sides are checkmated before the game even starts. I suppose this is one variant where neither side wins nor loses.

macer75
IpswichMatt wrote:

Good first attempt at being "inclusive", but surely some of the pieces should have wheelchairs and others should be transgender - or something.

Honestly, it's almost like diversity awareness training has been lost on you.

Yeah, and what about all of the races other than black and white?

bunicula

sold in separate color packs in stores near u

AutisticCath

"sold in separate color packs in stores near u"

The racism is strong with this one...

bunicula
newengland7 wrote:

"sold in separate color packs in stores near u"

The racism is strong with this one...

indeed, separate color packs are racist, as are stores near u.

BattleChessGN18

'Kay, NewEngland. I like that you at least attempt actual variants in your other 960 Forum threads, but this one is a bit inappropriate for the section. I think it more fitting in the Off-Topic.

AutisticCath

"Because both sides are checkmated before the game even starts. I suppose this is one variant where neither side wins nor loses."

What part of black pieces side with white pieces did I not make clear? Neither side is checkmated because that would mean they are being attacked by their own teammates!

Reb
BattleChessGN18
newengland7 wrote:

What part of black pieces side with white pieces did I not make clear? 

Perhaps it's the fact that you never directly stated that, as a rule, there's no checkmate?

Is it also a rule that they can't capture each other, too? Because that, my friend, is "racist".

So then what are the rules of this variant?