x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Chess on an Infinite Plane (hitthepin - vickalan)

27...C(3,4)

null

28. (2,3)

??

28...Cx(5,3)

null

The queen was hanging for six whole moves anyway until hitthepin moved the king, I assume that's what the "wow" comment was about.

Oh... I don’t feel so good.
    Well, it was a good first game. I resign.

Wow. This is...I don't know what to say. (Other than "That 'Fix You' song is extremely overrated.")

This is sad.
    For me. :(

Ah, don't be sad. I screw my games up too. Everyone does. It's natural to make mistakes. You got this! wink.png

Gotta do better next time.

Speaking of doing better, I just lost three games in a row.... And I have a local chess tournament starting tomorrow morning. I guess I'm just tired. Sometimes the best thing to do is take a break.

Very good advice.

Thanks @hitthepin, gg.happy.png It's interesting that Black's queen-side chancellor made four consecutive knight-moves, capturing the queen at move 28:
    28.(2,3)...Cx(5,3)

I was curious to see how many moves it would have taken to attack the queen if the Chancellor used only rook-moves instead. That would have taken five. I suppose it shows that for center-of-the-board battles, the knight often can be a strong piece when the board is still crowded. (diagram here):

null

A medal for @hitthepin for being a great opponent, and being one of the first players to learn and play infinite chess on the chess.com forums!

null

Thanks and gg.

GG, good job guys! So nice to watch!

This is hardly an infinite plane. 

oof

Online Now