Forums

Chess960 Explained!

Sort:
lynslavsky

:river

AtlantisandLemuria

In the same section as Bullet, Blitz, Rapid and Daily.

neoliminal
AtlantisandLemuria wrote:

In the same section as Bullet, Blitz, Rapid and Daily.

Next to the time, there's a button with a chess board. If you click it, then you can see the different variants, including Chess960. Let me know if you need more help.

KnockKnockItstheFBI

there should be a variant where its truly random random number of pieces random placement

neoliminal
KnockKnockItstheFBI wrote:

there should be a variant where its truly random random number of pieces random placement

If you want any kind of variant, trust me, it already exists. Just google "chess variant"... any idea you have was already created.

techschool

i am very bad at this

yakovlevolegg

Почему на варианты игры 960-rapid, или 960-blitz нет статистики в приложении к Android, но эту статистику видно web версии. В приложении к Android, есть только статистика на 960-заочные. В которые вообще не играл. Зачем отображается эта статистика если нет и одной игры.

geri228

Hi

Liamking21

hihiwn.png

ThomasSurman
Is there rapid 960?
neoliminal
ThomasSurman wrote:
Is there rapid 960?

Select rapid time controls and then this:

and viola:

forked_again
ThomasSurman wrote:
Is there rapid 960?

I haven't tried for a while but I was never able to get an opponent in rapid, and only rarely in 5/5 960.  Computer searches and searches.  It seems most people want to play 3 minute or daily.

vid454

rothbard959

Rapid 960 would be very cool

mafriedman

What time variant are people playing? I have tried 3/2 and straight 3 min and it cannot often find me an opponent in a timely fashion, do I need to change something in my profile to open it up to a wider range of players, I have not altered however chess.com set it up.

neoliminal

If you want daily games, I would suggest simply asking here for them.

Ashwinravikumar

My favourite variant is Horde and I love it. In this white should checkmate black and black should take all the white pieces. White will have lots of pawns and black will have the normal set up of standard chess .

Ashwinravikumar

Racing kings is also an interesting variant . Both the kings will rush for the last rank and the colour which comes first is the winner. The arrangement of pieces is also little different

DerekDHarvey

Why doesn't Chess960 have a site of its own and only have real chess on this site?

neoliminal
DerekDHarvey wrote:

Why doesn't Chess960 have a site of its own and only have real chess on this site?

Two thoughts here:

1. "Real" chess is only that because the majority of people play it. However what you think of as "real" chess was a variant of standard chess relatively recently. The Queen was not this mobile until about 500 years ago.

2. Chess960 is the best candidate for advancing Chess into the future, hence its adoption by FIDE for standardized rules and rankings. There is no better place for Chess960 than this site.