Forums

Event Chess Game (Martin0 - Junebug444)

Sort:
Junebug444

Start event!

Martin0

Event #38 Forward Rotations

Bishops can only move a maximum of 1 square backwards. When bishops moves forward and reaches the edge of the board (at the side or the last rank), then it can continue moving in the same direction from the other side of the board.

Example 1:

null

Whites bishop can only move a maximum of 1 space backwards. Bb1 or Bf1 are not legal.

Example 2:

null

Whites bishop can move along the d3-a6 diagonal and then continue from the other side at the h7-g8 diagonal and capture blacks rook.

Example 3:

null

Whites bishop can not move backwards to capture blacks rooks, but it can capture them by moving forward.

Example 4:

null

Whites bishop can only continue at the other side when it is moving forward, so whites bishop can not move backwards to capture any black rook.

Junebug444

Holy cow. This game crazy.

Junebug444

c5

Martin0

Yeah, this game is really complex now.

7.cxd5

Junebug444

Nxd5

Martin0

8.Nxd5

Junebug444

Exd5

Martin0

9.Bxh7

Junebug444

b6

Martin0

10.Bxa8

Junebug444

Wow. Ok. Cxd4

Martin0

11.b4

Junebug444

Ba6

Martin0

12.Bxd8

grin.png

evert823

Event chess definitely has my interest, but I am kind of hoping for a complete information variant of it.

I have read a part of Tolkien's Silmarillion and I believe that we could do something with ideas from this story. In the story, Middle-earth has been shaped by beings with creative powers, who on a fundamental level define what the world looks like on Middle-Earth, what kind of creatures exist on Middle-Earth, which powers they have or don't have and whether they like or dislike each other.

So what I had in mind is an additional chessboard with super-creatures, and whatever happens there fundamentally influences what happens on the real chessboard. For example if some super-creature does something then all Bishops will get freezing powers, or something like that.

But complete information, and evenly controlled by both players.

null

Martin0

@evert823, what you describe might be interesting, but it is really not similar to event chess.

evert823
Martin0 wrote:

@evert823, what you describe might be interesting, but it is really not similar to event chess.

I see practical differences but fundamental similarities. One day I will work my idea out and I am in the mean time also studying your sample events.

Junebug444

Lol. I'm dead. Bh7?

Martin0

13.Qc6