game 2 Waredude vs vickalan

vickalan

Good game. Well played! Waredude advances in the Big-dog tournament.

null

Waredude
Good game. I enjoyed every single move of this game.
vickalan

For a big portion of this game, the difference in material was witch vs knight (for example at move 28 here). I noticed that you used your witch with great effect even to nearly the very end of the game.

I don't think anyone has settled on the specific value of a witch, but based on this game it has to be at least equal to a minor piece. Either that or I suffered from bad moves. Really great game and thanks for playing.happy.png

null

Martin0

null This position looks completely won for white. White wins a pawn after Nd4 since black has no way to defend his f-pawn. His rook is also unable to create much counterattacks (Rj5 j4 leads to nothing). Black is like a piece behind since the witch is not worth much and black does not have any pawn majority to play with.

Instead of winning a pawn white played i4 and eventually lost a pawn on the kingside. Black managed to win with his 2 pawn majority on the kingside. A knight loosing to 2 connected pawns is not really strange, but you cannot blame it on the value of the witch.

vickalan

Thanks Martin0. That was move 35 for anyone going back to see how it followed. I felt the game was =/+ for White at this point, and was surprised it deteriorated for me after this. Thanks for explaining my inaccuracy (or blunder sad.png).

Congrats again to Waredude. I'm playing infinite for awhile, but will come back to bulldog later.happy.png

Waredude
My thoughts exactly martin.