x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Looking for Opponents/Games?

No problem with Superman representing Mexico. I update the flag in the bracket above. Five countries are now represented in this tournament.happy.png

Btw, is there anyone that wants to play against smurfisme? There's several people on this forum that haven't been seen in a variant game yet (Ebinola or game_designer)? It would be a side-game to qualify and challenge the champ later on.happy.png

Tournament update:

Game 1 (Friedmelon - foofooes)
    Queens go face to face! The witch is dead!

null
    Game 2 (evert823 - vickalan)
    Witch helps queen to launch attack, Black is checked!

null

Game 3 (HorusTheThird - Superman)
    In early development, armed peasants fight for control of center!

null

Game 4 (Arjun - Huanglz)
    Peasants observe slaying of clergy!

null

(Note: please do not comment on games in a way that helps either opponent)

The battles rage on!!happy.png

Someone messaged me for clarification on the witch's moves, so I made this diagram. The witch can move like a queen (orange lines), and jump two squares in any direction or like a knight (orange dots). The witch cannot capture. The witch is transparent to friendly pieces, and she makes all adjacent pieces (inside yellow dotted line) transparent to friendly pieces, so for example the white rook can attack the knight.

null

Leave a comment if anything is not clear, or I missed some ability.happy.png

Alright thanks for the clarification!

also, in my game, i won horus's witch...

I would like to play if anyone is open.
    I challenge vickalan to a bulldog angel joker game
    I will play will-n

Horus's witch has also been captured!

null

(image from Newcastle Libraries, England's Grievance Discovered in Relation to the Coal Trade, 1655, by Ralph Gardiner. Image in the public domain because the copyright has expired.)

smurfisme wrote:
    I will play will-n

I started a thread (here) for a game between you and will_n. The bracket is full so this game is for points only (to calculate your score to see if you can challenge the champion later on). Bracket with points games is below.

(Also thanks for the challenge, but too busy to play another game. But I can update board diagrams fast, so will do for your game once or twice a day).happy.png

null

Friedmelon advances!

Game between will_n and smurfisme drawn by agreement.

I also noticed Will_n is from North Korea. (really?)

Updates here:

null

Games with the zombie (aka "ghoul") are now allowed in 1st and 2nd level tournament play (piece and rule options by friedmelon and Arjun). After 1 or 2 low-tier games it might be admitted for championship-level games.happy.png

Since two games have finished, I can moderate one new game. Post a comment here if anyone would like to play.

(Note: I'll be on vacation July 27 - 30 and will travel with laptop, but probably not be able to post more than once a day. Please allow a slight delay in updates during this time.)

Would anybody like to play me in a game of Bulldog with Witch?

Or chess on an infinite plane?

Yes, I'll play. Which one would you like to play? Either of the games you mentioned is fine with me. From July 27 - 30 I will be on vacation, so the game has to be on-hold for a few days. I hope that will be Ok with you.

Also, ZacharyChiaMin and dariuscmk: I've seen you post messages at some game threads. Leave a message here if you'd like to play a game. Probably we can find an opponent for you.happy.png

Bulldog with Witch sounds good to me. Do you have any preference?

That's perfect. Bulldog with witch is a little more normal, and really fun to play. The games last about the same as a normal chess game, but the witch really adds some interesting new strategy.

You can also see there's a tournament going on. It would be fun if a new player (the "underdog") can rise up and challenge the future champion. That would be really spectacular in this forum. But of course, I want to be the champion too.blitz.png

I'll start a thread for our game soon. You can play white.happy.png

Ok, thanks!

I can manage another game.

Okay can i play you?

Evert823, you'll play ZacharyChiMin, right? As soon as you confirm I'll start a new thread.

This will mean we would have two side-games going on. (I'm also playing SuperSam1 in a side game). Any future champion is going to have competitors climbing-up trying to steal the crown!

null

Online Now