Forums

Nuke Championship - HolographWars vs BlackWarmaster

Sort:
BlackWarmaster

Welcome to the Nuke Chess!

General Principle :

All standard chess rules applies, but "check" doesn't exists. It means, a king can stay on its position even if threatened by an opponent's piece, and thus, checkmate doesn't exist neither. A King can castle even if the castling cases are threatened by an opponent's piece. But as in standard chess, a king can't castle if it as previously moved, or if there's other pieces in its castling course naturally. The only way to win is to blast the opponent's king with a bomb (own player's bomb OR opponent's bomb).

Before launching the game :

The White player announces any of his piece to carry the bomb. Then Black's turn to announce so. Then, as usual, White to move first.

Before each move:

Before a player makes its move, he can transmit the bomb from the current bomb carrier to any piece within a range of 1 case. Friend OR enemy. Then the player makes its move.
Note/Tactical tips : In which circumstance giving the bomb to an enemy can be useful ?
1 - Your bomb carrier is going to be taken and is in the middle of a bunch of friends pieces, you want to avoid the rampage (I explain explosion later).
2 - You want to sabotage the enemy piece just before taking it and make it blast everything within 1 case range (you sacrifice your former bomb carrier with it also)
3 - your current bomb carrier is going to be taken, and it is currently placed at 1 case range from your king, without possibility to move, so you urgently have to move the bomb from your king!
4 - any other subtility I didn't think about

Explosions :

- If a bomb carrier is taken, it explodes, and blasts everything in the adjacent cases (friends and enemy). If a King is the explosion's range, the King's owner lost the game. If The two kings are in the blast, draw.
- If the two bombs are on adjacent cases, and one of the bombs explodes, there is a chain reaction, the other bomb also explodes and kill everything, as described above.
- The only way to actively detonate the bomb (without any opponent's action) is to take the opponent king with a bomb carrier (so making it collide with the king)

Bomb regeneration :

After a bomb explodes, it directly regenerates where it just exploded. First piece to come on it can grab it.

Specific rules :

- Any piece can carry a bomb. But the royal couple (so King/Queen) can only carry it WITHOUT moving. So a queen will remain static if she has a bomb for example. If she's isolated, there's no way for her to move until another piece comes on an adjacent cell and she gives the bomb to it at the beginning of the next move.
Tactic tips : at the beginning of a turn, if the player's bomb carrier is adjacent to the opponent's queen, the player can give the bomb to the opponent's queen, so she's frozen.
- When a piece comes on a regenerated bomb case, the player can chose to grab it or not. Having the choice can prevent a useless blast if the player knows its piece will directly be taken after moving on this specific case.
- A single piece can't carry the two bombs. If the two bombs have regenerated on the same case (after the two bomb carrier collided for example), the first

pice to come across can grab one. Once the case is free again, a second piece can come and grab the second bomb.
- When a piece comes on a regenerated bomb case, the player can chose to grab it or not. Having the choice can prevent a useless blast if the player knows its piece will directly be taken after moving on this specific case. If the piece is already carrying the other bomb, it can't grab it (as seen above)
- If a pawn carries a bomb, and get promoted to a queen, the queen stays frozen until she transmits the bomb (or explodes with it).

------

Please raise any question.

If no doubt.... Good luck, your call to determine your bomb holder !

HolographWars

Queen.

HolographWars

Jk, left rook on a1

BlackWarmaster

mine on pawn f7

BlackWarmaster
HolographWars a écrit :

Jk, left rook on a1

?

What jk means?

so your bomb on a1?

HolographWars

All right, let's open this up! Nf3!

HolographWars
BlackWarmaster wrote:
HolographWars a écrit :

Jk, left rook on a1

?

What jk means?

so your bomb on a1?

Yes. I put a bad joke.

BlackWarmaster

g6

HolographWars

Ng5

HolographWars

I have played atomic on lichess.org in the past

BlackWarmaster

Is it similar? Don't know it.

Will check. Anyway, f5

HolographWars

e4, wfb

BlackWarmaster

ok, Rychessmaster posted that wfb 2 times in the past. I would like to go to bed less stupid tonight. Please tell me what it means grin.png

f5 gives bomb to pawn g6, then Bh6

HolographWars

I'll tell you if you give the bomb to my knight on g5 next turn.

BlackWarmaster

WFB World Fact Book (US CIA)
WFB Warhammer: Fantasy Battle (game)
WFB Wells Fargo Bank
WFB World Fellowship of Buddhists
WFB William Frank Buckley (founder and editor of National Review Magazine)
WFB WorkFlow Builder (Oracle)
WFB Wall-Forming Body (parasitology)

HolographWars

WFB Waiting for Board.

HolographWars

LOL

BlackWarmaster

aaah lol

ok let me a min

BlackWarmaster

HolographWars

d4