Forums

"Rating to low to accept this match!" Are you kidding me!!!???

Sort:
Skwerly
100%.  Someone 800 points higher probably wouldn't lose in 100 games.  No challenge!  Which begs the question:

Is the poster upset because he carries a low rating, or because that guy carries a high one?  Cool
Scarblac
[COMMENT DELETED]

After a bit of messing about in the opening chess960 is the same as standard chess.

>:)

TheOldReb
ReLentLess5150 wrote:
Reb wrote:

I agree that a 2200 level player will beat a 1400 level player just as badly in Fischer Random as in standard chess. The 800 points difference is 4 whole classes !  Thats huge and means the higher rated players understanding of the game is far greater than the 1400. The only difference 960 makes is that the higher rated player wont be able to utilize his work/memorization/understanding of standard openings but his knowledge of tactics, strategy, positional play, etc will still give him a huge advantage over the lower rated player.

Does this argument hold true, in your opinion, with blitz?

Yes, in blitz ( OTB ) it definitely holds true. I have not lost to a sub 1600 in more than 25 years in blitz nor otb classic chess. I first went over 2200 in 1984.

thornybranch

Boy, this guy is relentless.

BigGeek777

It's not a matter of winning or losing for me.  I can't play with my gf, we don't care about winning or losing; we care about playing games with each other and we can no longer do that here.