Forums

A question for the premium members

Sort:
rednblack

A premium chess.com membership has topped my Christmas wishlist to the wife this year, but I had some questions for the people who already have one.  Besides supporting the site and doing your part to make sure that it keeps on running, what do you enjoy most about the features on your premium account?  Also, what do you think, if anything, has helped your game the most?

thanks,

RyanMK

I really like the game explorer as well as being able to enter multiple tournaments at a time. I also like that if anything happens to me and I can't make it to the computer 1 day, I'm still protected.

PawnFork

checking out stats, being able to access old games ...

VLaurenT

The big database of Game Explorer and auto-vacation are handy.

Also, I really like Chess Mentor - Smile

LucenaTDB

Multiple tournaments is very very nice.

Also--the unlimited access to the tactics trainer is HUGE.  If you are not working tactics every day here then make sure you are doing it elsewhere, either another site or in books or something.

victhestick

I signed up specifically to support the site.  After I first stumbled upon

chess.com I searched a number of sites that did not seem to offer the same

features/benefits.  The other very big difference was the membership.

After spending a few months reading forum posts it became apparent

that there is no site that compares, because of the members.

I haven't started to use many of my membership features, but I think

unlimited on line chess will eventually be important.

Hope your wife has you on the good list!

Puydtje

I would like to be premium member but I don't have Visa or Master Card. Cry Is their another possibility for paying?

Baseballfan
Puydtje wrote:

I would like to be premium member but I don't have Visa or Master Card. Is their another possibility for paying?

Check your inbox. ;-)

atomichicken

The only reasons why I became premium were to start my own group, and to get auto-timeout protection, + the site deserves the money anyway. All the other extra features don't matter to me. If I want to get unlimited free tactics puzzles, there are other websites developed exclusively for that.

ThunderMoose

I just do it to support the site, though I am sure if I was more serious about my game it would be helped by all of the learning tools.

Wildcard

Where do you start, game explorer is pretty cool but the thing to me that answers both of your quetsions is being able to look at your old games in the archive. I study some of my toughest games over and over again, watching what my opponent did so I know how to beat that move next time.

WyoKid

I love many of the premium features
Unlimited Tactics Trainer
Chess Mentor time
Auto Timeout protection - though I've never had to use it.
Game Explorer
Multiple Tournaments etc. 

earltony15

I became a premium member most of all to thank the site for being an outstanding site.  besides that, my favorite feature is the ability to create and take part in more tournies as a premium member. 

erik

the other thing i think you might like is unlimited access to the new mobile application...

LittleTree

I really like the gold starWink

neospooky

This is one of the most satisfying purchases I've ever made, seriously.  I paid before we got the twice per week game analyses, and I wasn't charged any extra when it came out.

I can't recommend the investment enough if you're a chess enthusiast.

Rhinotillexomaniac

Tactical trainer and game explorer are great! (and my favorite items)

DeepGreene
erik wrote:

the other thing i think you might like is unlimited access to the new mobile application...

Yeah.  Wait... what?

Rael

I promise you: you will not regret it. Trust me, when you sign in on Christmas day or what have you, and test out all the extra customizability and options you have open, you will feel really good. I know I did, I got my membership as a birthday present.

And hey - it's not like it's the only gift your wife is going to get you.

Take. The. Plunge.

You'll love it.

rednblack

I don't know, Rael, it may be the only gift I get this year: it's been a rough one for dreamers ;)  Thanks to everybody else for their ideas.  I feel bad for being such a free-loader all this time.  Has anyone used the game analysis to good effect?