Forums

Can't Find Something in the New Design? Ask Here!

Sort:
Martin_Stahl
louielouie wrote:

Yea I have a ? were is the % percentage of win-loss on the players stats?

I posted how to see that on post #70

Mm40

Adding to the list (don't know if it's been said already), but tables (like those the World League uses) have been upset. Also, the sliver of theme on the bottom of a forum page looks ridiculous.

element1

daily puzzle?

AndTheLittleOneSaid
element1 wrote:

daily puzzle?

It's still here in the forums, but I don't think there's a direct link anymore.

RenataCFC

Tactics trainer -- the time I took to solve the problem is gone.

As an overall issue, I'd just say that I don't like that the front-and-center item on my home page is the threads I've commented in.  I never navigate that way to begin with, and they're in no particular order I can see to boot.  Everythign I do use is marginalized.

AndTheLittleOneSaid
RenataCFC wrote:

As an overall issue, I'd just say that I don't like that the front-and-center item on my home page is the threads I've commented in.  I never navigate that way to begin with, and they're in no particular order I can see to boot.  Everythign I do use is marginalized.

It's at the top right.

PianoGuy

How does one find the Daily Puzzle?  It does not seem to be on any of the menus.

AndTheLittleOneSaid
PianoGuy wrote:

How does one find the Daily Puzzle?  It does not seem to be on any of the menus.

It's still in the forums: http://www.chess.com/forum/category/daily-puzzles

But there doesn't seem to be a direct link anymore.

gabrielconroy

The daily puzzle is still on the front page for me (FF11)

TerenceOpperman

I play chess on my i phone i cant zoom aby more and cant see the whole board

TerenceOpperman

Its like a mobile site on my i phone and used to be a normal full site . 

JFK-Ramsey

I like the new format. It seems a little busy but I know I will get used to it.

I only have two  minor observations:

- Direct link to Daily Puzzle was nice (can live with going to the puzzle forum);

- Seeing a members points with their posts was informative but can be observed by scrolling across their handle.

I do have one annoyance. It is the clicking whenever I make a move using Chess Mentor, Game Explorer, analyzing an ongoing game, etc. Is there any way I can get rid of this short of turning off the sound locally on my PC?

Thanks again.

RenataCFC
AndTheLittleOneSaid wrote:
RenataCFC wrote:

It's at the top right.

No, there is nothing to the right of "next problem" on my screen, just blank space.  I'm using Firefox, will give more details or send in a screenshot if requested, but it's not there.

Martin_Stahl
JFK-Ramsey wrote:

I do have one annoyance. It is the clicking whenever I make a move using Chess Mentor, Game Explorer, analyzing an ongoing game, etc. Is there any way I can get rid of this short of turning off the sound locally on my PC?

Thanks again.

There is a Volume icon you can click to turn off the sound. It is there in Game Explorer and on you games you can turn it off there and when you go to analyze it will be off in the analysis board.

Didn't check Mentor but I would assume it has the icon too.

Martin_Stahl
Martin_Stahl wrote:
JFK-Ramsey wrote:

Thanks again.

There is a Volume icon you can click to turn off the sound. It is there in Game Explorer and on you games you can turn it off there and when you go to analyze it will be off in the analysis board.

Just saw that if you turn it off on one it will turn off on the other too. Hopefully that is a setting saved in the database and not just in a cookie (since I use multiple devices).

knightspawn5

Where the help you said we would get in finding all this stuff>>  I see no help yet....

Ziryab

Regarding Tactics Trainer, please do not reset the board lower on the screen each time I click new problem. I waste valuable seconds moving the board back to where I can see everything well.

Martin_Stahl
knightspawn5 wrote:

Where the help you said we would get in finding all this stuff>>  I see no help yet....

People are helping. There are just a lot of different questions/problems so some will likely get missed or haven't been seen by someone that has the answer yet.

RenataCFC

(PS I do like the little icons on the top for new messages/games that are "my turn"/new friend requests.  I just noticed it and it seems like it'll be very useful.)

JFK-Ramsey
Martin_Stahl wrote:
Martin_Stahl wrote:
JFK-Ramsey wrote:

Thanks again.

Just saw that if you turn it off on one it will turn off on the other too. Hopefully that is a setting saved in the database and not just in a cookie (since I use multiple devices).

Thanks Martin, found it and you are correct, turning it off in one area seems to work in all the others (including Chess Mentor).

I also noticed that a members points do show up, with their posts, to the far right of their name in very light gray.

Thanks again.