Forums

Can't Find Something in the New Design? Ask Here!

Sort:
Elroch

In replacement for all the things that are missing we now have an analysis board that makes noises when pieces are moved. Can't see any reason anyone would want this, but there it is...

cloggy

Daily puzzle, where is it ?

chess_kebabs

My main dislikes are:

1.  too much loss of contrast and definition.. e.g. poor division between comments in forums, like you see here, all blending in together. The new site is more dull, not as sharp and vibrant as the old site.

2. Loss of admins list now on group profiles. Something I relied  heavily on to message admins through all the time, and also it's good for the group to see who their admins are.

3. Friend's lists are  now public with no option to hide them. 

4. Theme pages are not working, but I assume this will be corrected soon as it's a functionality issue and a neccessity more than a want.

5. Current Vote chess games on the go are no longer showing under MY HOME / MY VOTE CHESS. Can only see completed games.

6. Seeing people's notes as the first thing we see on profiles is annoying as not interested most of the time in their conversations with others, but would prefer to see the ABOUT  ME to be the default of what we see first, as it was with the old site.

satorichess

Love the new design Erik & staff great job from you Californian guys. Keep going Cool

c_plus_plus

it's too early to make a judgement on the new skin.

take time to try it :)

Elroch

I want to find the following things:

• Less clicks to achieve many things (like the old interface)
  • An absence of tabloid banner style supersized text  with excessive spacing using up huge fractions of the computer screen (like in the old interface)
  • Visible text rather than icons for members (like in the old interface)

While there are doubtless those who want an interface with reduced functionality which takes longer to do things and which takes up a lot more space (they do exist, right?), please can the option of a more efficient interface be retained for those who prefer this?

gabrielconroy

I agree with the size of the thread titles, but that's something that can be easily fixed. A little subtle delineation between areas of pages/posts would make the whole design a lot better as well.

blackfirestorm

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/public-vote-new-format-or-old-format

Martin_Stahl

While I'm not going to say whether or not public opinion will sway erik, this is what he said in the past couple of months regarding the old design:

however, do know that eventually everyone will be moved over to the new site - there is no way to keep them both alive. i know that won't make everyone happy, but it has to be done. we will continue to make the new version better and better.

blackfirestorm
Martin_Stahl wrote:

While I'm not going to say whether or not public opinion will sway erik, this is what he said in the past couple of months regarding the old design:

however, do know that eventually everyone will be moved over to the new site - there is no way to keep them both alive. i know that won't make everyone happy, but it has to be done. we will continue to make the new version better and better.

Which strangely enough is restricted to members of the group in which not everyone is allowed

Oops?! Privacy problem!

You are not allowed to see this page because you are not a member of this group.
Click here to join group "Chess.com Redesign Feedback".

joshnishikawa

I really like the clear notifications, the grid view on the online chess page, the simple green 'Online' indicator vs. the animated one and the fact that the tactics trainer doesn't open a new window.

I could go either way on the menus but isn't there a perfect space for the daily puzzle right there in the 'Play' or even the 'More' menus?

WiJi

every time i log on, i get the checkboards instead of the list. Even if i click list, next time i again get the checkboards, instead of list?. How to change this permenantly??

Moreover I think the old design was more practical to use

Martin_Stahl

It's just the Beta design group. I'm pretty sure anyone can join it, though you might have to be approved by erik.

jeknotts

How do yu resign a game? The only option is draw.

BirdBrain

I cannot do my blog like before...things have changed.

Martin_Stahl
jeknotts wrote:

How do yu resign a game? The only option is draw.

Online or Live? I see the resign button in Online.

jeknotts

Live and using google chrome

MichaelGosselin

Team Vote Chess now shows all games, including completed games.

WiJi

Ok, have to correct this remark: you cant click the icon ... but rest is the same and especially WHY?!??

when in a turn based game and I made a move and want togo to list I goto upper Play in menu and select Online Chess as usual, But the first time i Click nothing happens; only after clicking second time I goto list of my games Why ?!?  I tried it many times, so its a problem in script on the site. Can you make it a one-click situatien again? 

"Moreover I think the old design was more practival to use" 

zborg

Where are the total game stats (won, loss, draw) for my opponents?

I can find my own stats by clicking on "Live Chess," but this doesn't work for any of my opponents.

Used to be easy.