Forums

Chess makes people mean, unfriendly, and nasty

4go10_legend
avichand wrote:
Just dirty dirty people

MJChessie

Well unfortunately, people just aren't great sports I guess. If someone let them win all the time when they played, that would most likely explain it cause they can't face reality. And so when they lose, they're rude and arrogant.

riverchess123
avichand wrote:
 

yes, you idiot, I was friendly enough to give him a rematch. You won’t understand because you’re mean yourself. You’re of the same ilk as some of the nastiest loud mouths on this site

You see what i mean when i call you a hypocrite? You accuse others of being nasty loud mouth,  yet you are the one calling others "idiot" because they tell you their viewpoint which is different from yours. Now, do you understand why i could be forgiven for doubting the capacity AND the honestly of your intellect ?

 

And, no , you were not "friendly enough to give him a rematch" . If you did what you did with the expectation that he would also give you a rematch, then that was not friendly. That was just an expectation of quid pro quo. A friendly gesture is one which is made WITHOUT any expectations of receiving anything in return. Otherwise it is not different to any other selfish gesture

riverchess123
avichand wrote:


“We”? People like you love being anonymous and part of a gang. Sissy

Listen up, you moron. Try to think if you have a brain in that thick head of yours. Stop trying to play the victim card , of being "ganged  up" on. What else would i use except "we" . DO you want me to type the names of each user who disagreed with you ? If the majority of users disagree with you, that does not mean they are "ganging up" on you. That just means the majority disagree with you. That is natural. That is what happens when you give your opinion. Others may agree or disagree . Just because the majority disagree , does not mean they are ganging up on you. It is okay, for them to disagree with you. It is okay for you to disagree with them. Do not get butthurt , just because you are in the minority on this particular issue.

AussieRookie

I resent that. I've been playing chess for decades and I'm not mean or unfriendly. happy.png

MJChessie
AussieRookie wrote:

I resent that. I've been playing chess for decades and I'm not mean or unfriendly.

Same here fellow chess player

riverchess123
speeduptheserver wrote:

GG is a gesture of sportsmanship when you lose. Saying it at any other time is obnoxious.

This is strange. Saying "good game" to your opponent after you defeat him is a mark of being humble in defeat.  That has been true of all sports since ages. After a hard fought game, footballers ( and you can name any sport here ) come together , shake hands and say good game, well played etc. If you take it as a sign of obnoxiousness, that is not what is meant when it is said. 

This could be one of the examples of a culture clash. In most sporting cultures, saying "good game" is a sincere remark. Some of the recipients of such a remark might think it is sarcastic , but often times it is not, it means just what it says. He is sincerely meaning "well played" or "nice game"

 

MJChessie
riverchess123 wrote:

This is strange. Saying "good game" to your opponent after you defeat him is a mark of being humble in defeat.  That has been true of all sports since ages. After a hard fought game, footballers ( and you can name any sport here ) come together , shake hands and say good game, well played etc. If you take it as a sign of obnoxiousness, that is not what is meant when it is said. 

Agreed. It's just courtesy, really. And it doesn't make you obnoxious if you say it when you win cause you might really admire the effort the losing opponent put into the game (and we should all admire each other's efforts to learn and become better)

GreenFrog_1450

It has everything to do with the "citizen quality" of a place.  You almost never run into an opponent from Taiwan or Japan who is nasty (except for foreigners living there) because having manner and being polite in those places are considered very important.  But in many other places in the world, being nasty and impolite is the norm, and being in the cyberspace just make things even worse because people don't have to be responsible for their behavior.

avichand
riverchess123 wrote:
avichand wrote:
 

yes, you idiot, I was friendly enough to give him a rematch. You won’t understand because you’re mean yourself. You’re of the same ilk as some of the nastiest loud mouths on this site

You see what i mean when i call you a hypocrite? You accuse others of being nasty loud mouth,  yet you are the one calling others "idiot" because they tell you their viewpoint which is different from yours. Now, do you understand why i could be forgiven for doubting the capacity AND the honestly of your intellect ?

 

And, no , you were not "friendly enough to give him a rematch" . If you did what you did with the expectation that he would also give you a rematch, then that was not friendly. That was just an expectation of quid pro quo. A friendly gesture is one which is made WITHOUT any expectations of receiving anything in return. Otherwise it is not different to any other selfish gesture

Let me type slowly, so you with your abysmal intellect can keep up. Exactly, how stupid are you?

Let me educate you. You can dispute my opinions, NOT my FACTS. When I say that I gave him a friendly rematch, that is a fact, not an opinion or a "viewpoint". How the hell can you question my motives, you blithering idiot? You dumb schmo, you do NOT know what an "opinion" or a "viewpoint" is. It is the anonymity of the Internet that allows demented pieces of crap like you to be be aggressive, argumentative, and obnoxious. Basically, just another troll with a VERY wrong idea about his intellectual abilities.

AussieRookie

But, I have to tell ya, I'm so far beyond incredibly nasty. happy.png

avichand
riverchess123 wrote:
avichand wrote:


“We”? People like you love being anonymous and part of a gang. Sissy

Listen up, you moron. Try to think if you have a brain in that thick head of yours. Stop trying to play the victim card , of being "ganged  up" on. What else would i use except "we" . DO you want me to type the names of each user who disagreed with you ? If the majority of users disagree with you, that does not mean they are "ganging up" on you. That just means the majority disagree with you. That is natural. That is what happens when you give your opinion. Others may agree or disagree . Just because the majority disagree , does not mean they are ganging up on you. It is okay, for them to disagree with you. It is okay for you to disagree with them. Do not get butthurt , just because you are in the minority on this particular issue.


No, you listen up, you piece of crap. This comment is absolutely hilarious. Like you don't know what opinions and viewpoints are, you don't know what "playing a victim card" is. Who is playing the victim card? Don't use big words, idiot. I am calling you out for being just another overly aggressive, obnoxious, anonymous Internet troll.

And, yes, it is my opinion that in claiming "we", you are trying to generalize your absurd nonsense. No one else has questioned the simple fact that I gave the guy a friendly rematch. He didn't. Whether that was meanness or something else ... that is an opinion or viewpoint. But you are too stupid to understand. And in addition to being stupid, you are annoying, obnoxious, and abrasive.

I'll repeat ... you have to be incredibly and monumentally stupid to question my facts and motives! That is, of course, beyond your abysmal intellect. Your stupidity is egregious.

Now, GET LOST, you anonymous sissy.

mafriedman

I cannot believe how heated people are getting about a rematch when there are literally a million other people to play. I thought this was supposed to be a fun hobby. 

DaBabysBurner
mafriedman wrote:

I cannot believe how heated people are getting about a rematch when there are literally a million other people to play. I thought this was supposed to be a fun hobby. 

Imo it's supposed to be a fun hobby, and I agree with you. However, I've found that there's a very large demographic of intermediate players that think they're better than they actually are and take it waaayyy too seriously

MillennialMichiganMan

where are the mods?

Nc3always

I never accept rematches,  too often the opponent was raging at losing the first game and resorts to cheating in the second to try and get revenge.

You can almost feel the hatred in the second game.  When I start a game with someone it is just that, a single game, not a multi game match