chess or / and physical sport

  • #1

    chess or / and physical sport

     

  • #2

    Compared to the sport of doing nothing at all, Chess is like gymnasticsLaughing

  • #3

    Who to sacrifice afterwards?  That's the big chess question no one is willing to ask.

  • #4
    logan235 wrote:

    What is that thing in your picture Ex-parrot?


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_ballgame

  • #5
    Ex-parrot wrote:

     

    Who to sacrifice afterwards?  That's the big chess question no one is willing to ask.


    Ex-parrot ,what is this  sport ?  this old sport or from your imagination  

     or it is a jok ! 

  • #6
    Osamageris wrote:
    Ex-parrot wrote:

     

    Who to sacrifice afterwards?  That's the big chess question no one is willing to ask.


    Ex-parrot ,what is this  sport ?  this old sport or from your imagination  

     or it is a jok ! 


    The Mesoamerican ballgame or Tlatchtli in Náhuatl was a sport with ritual associations played since 1,400 B.C.[1] by the pre-Columbian peoples of Ancient Mexico and Central America. The sport had different versions in different places during the millennia, and a modern version of the game, ulama, is still played in a few places by the local indigenous population.

    The rules of the ballgame are not known, but judging from its descendant, ulama, they were probably similar to racquetball.[2] where the aim is to keep the ball in play. The stone ballcourt goals (see photo to right) are a late addition to the game. This later addition of the game changed the game entirely though, since an immediate win could be attained from them by tossing the balls in the ring, or points could be scored by simply tossing the ball so that it touched the ring.[3]

    In the most widespread version of the game, the players struck the ball with their hips, although some versions allowed the use of forearms, rackets, bats, or handstones. The ball was made of solid rubber and weighed as much as 4 kg (9 lbs), and sizes differed greatly over time or according to the version played.

    The game had important ritual aspects, and major formal ballgames were held as ritual events, often featuring human sacrifice. The sport was also played casually for recreation by children and perhaps even women.[4]

    Pre-Columbian ballcourts have been found throughout Mesoamerica, as far south as Nicaragua, and possibly as far north as the now U.S. state of Arizona.[5] These ballcourts vary considerably in size, but all have long narrow alleys with side-walls against which the balls could bounce.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_ballgame

  • #7

    thanks ,this is a great game , happy valentine,s day and also happy sport day for the people hear .

  • #8
    Ex-parrot wrote:
    Osamageris wrote:
    Ex-parrot wrote:

     

    Who to sacrifice afterwards?  That's the big chess question no one is willing to ask.


    Ex-parrot ,what is this  sport ?  this old sport or from your imagination  

     or it is a jok ! 


    The Mesoamerican ballgame or Tlatchtli in Náhuatl was a sport with ritual associations played since 1,400 B.C.[1] by the pre-Columbian peoples of Ancient Mexico and Central America. The sport had different versions in different places during the millennia, and a modern version of the game, ulama, is still played in a few places by the local indigenous population.

    The rules of the ballgame are not known, but judging from its descendant, ulama, they were probably similar to racquetball.[2] where the aim is to keep the ball in play. The stone ballcourt goals (see photo to right) are a late addition to the game. This later addition of the game changed the game entirely though, since an immediate win could be attained from them by tossing the balls in the ring, or points could be scored by simply tossing the ball so that it touched the ring.[3]

    In the most widespread version of the game, the players struck the ball with their hips, although some versions allowed the use of forearms, rackets, bats, or handstones. The ball was made of solid rubber and weighed as much as 4 kg (9 lbs), and sizes differed greatly over time or according to the version played.

    The game had important ritual aspects, and major formal ballgames were held as ritual events, often featuring human sacrifice. The sport was also played casually for recreation by children and perhaps even women.[4]

    Pre-Columbian ballcourts have been found throughout Mesoamerica, as far south as Nicaragua, and possibly as far north as the now U.S. state of Arizona.[5] These ballcourts vary considerably in size, but all have long narrow alleys with side-walls against which the balls could bounce.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_ballgame


     very old and nice sport

  • #9

    Somehow I think you skimmed over the part where they chop the hearts out of their chests while they're still alive.

  • #10
    ivandh wrote:

    Somehow I think you skimmed over the part where they chop the hearts out of their chests while they're still alive.


     so it is very aggressive sport , this appear from their faces i think the surrounding and conditions ware very hard at that time 

  • #11
    trysts wrote:

    Compared to the sport of doing nothing at all, Chess is like gymnastics


     gymnastics like Bullet in fast moving and requires young ages

Top
or Join

Online Now