Forums

Create a Promotional Chess.com Video and Win $1,000!!

Sort:
tommcgrath
keeganomahoney wrote:
oldbones wrote:

can someone answer my question wat is answer if i have 153 views and 48 likes

then you have 48 positive views since yiu have 48 likes

Or if you want to work it out the complicated chess.com way then you have 31.37255% positive views which when you multiply it by your total views gives you 48.

I don't know why chess.com didn't just say whoever gets the most likes wins, when that's what it is, this just confuses people.

so its actually how much likes u have

keeeganomahoneey
oldbones wrote:
keeganomahoney wrote:
oldbones wrote:

Or if you want to work it out the complicated chess.com way then you have 31.37255% positive views which when you multiply it by your total views gives you 48.

I don't know why chess.com didn't just say whoever gets the most likes wins, when that's what it is, this just confuses people.

yeah

littlehotpot

are you allowed any type of violence?

chess700
keeganomahoney wrote:
oldbones wrote:
keeganomahoney wrote:
oldbones wrote:

yeah

no you are wrong

suppose there are 250 views, 20 likes, and 30 dislikes.

percentage of likes = 20/(20+30) = 40% positive views

times by 250= 100 chess.com score

littlehotpot
chess700 wrote:
keeganomahoney wrote:
oldbones wrote:
keeganomahoney wrote:
oldbones wrote:

yeah

no you are wrong

Wrong again. They never mentioned about counting the dislikes on the video, just the likes

adude23
littlehotpot wrote:
chess700 wrote:
keeganomahoney wrote:
oldbones wrote:
keeganomahoney wrote:
oldbones wrote:

yeah

no you are wrong

Wrong again. They never mentioned about counting the dislikes on the video, just the likes

Wrong again. They never said anything about counting likes, but they did say that they were counting the percentage of likes, which is likes/(likes+dislikes).

keeeganomahoneey
chess700 wrote:
keeganomahoney wrote:
oldbones wrote:
keeganomahoney wrote:
oldbones wrote:

yeah

no you are wrong

You are wrong, it really isn't that complicated.

Once again I say look at the very first vote where it says votes are calculated by, and I quote: "total views x the % of “likes”"

It doesn't say % of likes only counting the people who liked or disliked, it is the % of likes out of total views and as I already said DeepGreene(not erik as I said previously) already clarified this in post #139 when he said  The rules don't say anything about dislikes. Haters gonna hate, but it doesn't have to count.

keeeganomahoneey
adude23 wrote:
littlehotpot wrote:
chess700 wrote:
keeganomahoney wrote:
oldbones wrote:
keeganomahoney wrote:
oldbones wrote:

yeah

no you are wrong

Wrong again. They never said anything about counting likes, but they did say that they were counting the percentage of likes, which is likes/(likes+dislikes).

Wrong

percentage of likes is likes/total views x 100

e.g. if you had 100 views, 10 likes and 30 dislikes percentage of likes is calcualted as follows: 10/100 x 100

Since 10/100 is .1 it's .1 x 100 which is 10, so 10%

Multiple that by 100 views to give you 10 positive views which as I said before is just how many likes you have. Again, look at post #139 where DeepGreene says dislikes shouldn't be counted as demerits, they don't affect your positive views

Timotheous
keeganomahoney wrote:
adude23 wrote:
littlehotpot wrote:
chess700 wrote:
keeganomahoney wrote:
oldbones wrote:
keeganomahoney wrote:
oldbones wrote:

yeah

no you are wrong

Wrong

percentage of likes is likes/total views x 100

e.g. if you had 100 views, 10 likes and 30 dislikes percentage of likes is calcualted as follows: 10/100 x 100

Since 10/100 is .1 it's .1 x 100 which is 10, so 10%

Multiple that by 100 views to give you 10 positive views which as I said before is just how many likes you have. Again, look at post #139 where DeepGreene says dislikes shouldn't be counted as demerits, they don't affect your positive views

Aloizia

HA HA! Bravo Timotheous - finally a post that explains it all!

:)

ItsOkImAwesome

So if I have 1000 views, 100 likes, and 0 dislikes (100% likes), I will have 1000 points, right?

And if I have 1000 views, 100 likes, and 100 dislikes (50% likes), I will have 500 points?

So dislikes DO affect your score... Don't they?

keeeganomahoneey
ItsOkImAwesome wrote:

So if I have 1000 views, 100 likes, and 0 dislikes (100% likes), I will have 1000 points, right?

And if I have 1000 views, 100 likes, and 100 dislikes (50% likes), I will have 500 points?

So dislikes DO affect your score... Don't they?

No they don't, it is the percentage of your total views, not your total likes and dislikes, in both scenarios you have 10% likes of your total views and when you multiply that by 1000 you get 100 positive views, it is just how many likes you have.

chessplayer11

"Positive views are calculated as total views x the % of “likes”. Example: 1,000 views x 92% likes = 920 positive views."

2,000 views x 92% likes = 1,840 positive views.

92% = 0.92

Your formula of "percentage of likes is likes/total views x 100" is just made up and wouldn't give you 920 anyway. It would be 9,200 they way you're doing it.

Not sure how you're factoring out the number of views especially since zero times anything would be zero.

keeeganomahoneey

Look I'll prove that dislikes mean nothing.

As an example lets say there are 2 videos A and B. Both have 1000 views. Video A has 1 like and no dislikes. Video B has 999 likes and 1 dislikes.

Now if % of likes were calculated as % of likes + dislikes(which they're not) then positive views would be calculated as follows:

Videos A: 1 is 100% of 1(1 like + 0 dislikes) and 100% x 1000=1000 positive views.

Video B: 999 is 99.9% of 1000(999 likes + 1 dislike) and 99.9% of 1000 =999 positive views.

If this was the case it would mean Video A has more positive views than Video B even though it only has 1 like compared to 999! Clearly this can't be and isn't the case as it would be calculated as follows:

Video A: 1 is 0.1% of 1000(total views) and 0.1% of 1000= 1 positive view.

Video B: 999 is 99.9% of 1000(total views) and 99.9% of 1000= 999 positive views.

As I said before the first way of calculating positive views is ridiculous and the second way is the one that is used. It is the percentage of likes of total views(not likes + dislikes)

chessplayer11
keeganomahoney wrote:

It is the percentage of likes of total views

No where does it say that. You're making that up. It could be percentage of likes of number of subscribers based on what your saying. It says percentage and nothing else.

He1120

Here is my video for music lovers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFpavhkPpJ0 :)

Jimnash

what if i make a video which noone will click on and I will make 1 person to like it, then i'd have 100% positive views

WIP_Ihateyou
[COMMENT DELETED]
Skinnymojo

Could be wrong, but the way I understood it, dislikes won't have any effect on the outcome. The dislikes are obviously out of spite, and misdirected greed, but they are for naught - the judges will only be using the likes/views.

BiffReagle
Skinnymojo wrote:

Could be wrong, but the way I understood it, dislikes won't have any effect on the outcome. The dislikes are obviously out of spite, and misdirected greed, but they are for naught - the judges will only be using the likes/views.

you are wrong sir