Forums

The 2012 World Championship of Chess!

Sort:
keju

Quite obvious that the last thing Gelfand wants is a draw ...

Scottrf

There's a tie break? I thought 6-6 and the current champ kept his title.

keju

Is it considered improper in this situation for Anand to offer a draw? Should he wait for Boris do so instead?

trysts

Anand looks like he's ready...

trysts
Scottrf wrote:

There's a tie break? I thought 6-6 and the current champ kept his title.

Yep. Tie-breaks if necessary.

Michael-G

Anand is very well prepared in Slav.Gelfand should change his strategy or unleash a well -prepared novelty if he wants to have some chance for a win with white.

keju

Darn, again. The moves that the GMs find obvious, like Black's last two moves of b6 and Rd6. Not obvious to me at all. Obvious only after I hear the explanation. Tongue out

keju
trysts wrote:

Anand looks like he's ready...

He sure does. He looks almost annoyed.

Scottrf

Well, I definitely prefer Aronian to Kramnik, Anand or Gelfand.

keju

Anand is Scottish?

Michael-G

Yes , his family were highlanders

SandyJames

How we 16oo's play!!!! No draws with us. Tongue Out Bang, bang bang, win! Tongue Out Bang, bang, bang, lose! Tongue Out 

There is always a result Laughing Laughing

Maybe tomorrow on their rest day, these guys should play with us and we will sure give them a run for their money, hehe Laughing

keju

Orsh, a Celtic fan then?

Scottrf
backrankblues wrote:

How we 16oo's play!!!! No draws with us.  Bang, bang bang, win!  Bang, bang, bang, lose!  

There is always a result  

Maybe tomorrow on their rest day, these guys should play with us and we will sure give them a run for their money, hehe 

There definitely wouldn't be a draw if I played Anand.

trysts
Michael-G wrote:

Anand is very well prepared in Slav.Gelfand should change his strategy or unleash a well -prepared novelty if he wants to have some chance for a win with white.

Gelfand has definitely shown that he is Anand's equal thus far. I tend to think that will put pressure on Anand to play riskier.

keju
backrankblues wrote:

How we 16oo's play!!!! No draws with us.  Bang, bang bang, win!  Bang, bang, bang, lose! 

Yes they say it's not chess Sealed

Scottrf

Does he want to move the knight back and forth? Don't see what it does apart from not weakening your position.

keju

Dunno, but he sure calculated for a looong while before putting the knight there.

SandyJames

lol keju! , btw NIIT = National Institute of Information Technology - they were the pioneers in IT education / training. 

keju

According to GM Naiditsch, Anand is trying to maneouvre the knight to c5 square.

NIIT - Oh thanks backrank !