Forums

My friend's request.

Sort:
Silent_Assassin

(My friend can't make a forum, so I'm sharing her request, @Ragdoll_Kitten)

why do we have to upgrade for everything??! i have to upgrade for analysing my game too?!? i just wanted to learn a new opening, i need to upgrade for explorer??

i just need to improve my tactics, i need to upgrade for more puzzles!???

i just need to learn something new, i need to upgrade for lessons?!?!? 

if i need to play endgames, i need to upgrade!!?

i need to practice positions, i still need to upgrade!??

if i want to play some bots, i need to upgrade?!

then whats the reason of playing chess for people? if everything is just... not free!!

we just need to improve chess... why isnt at least some free???

and also... unlimited 99 usd??

if chess.com was perfect, the people would say chess.com best site for learning chess!!

but, before was best

at least.. some was free

but why?! analysis too, not showing brilliant moves! not even explanation! 

i hope staff's see this, and change their mind. i know chess.com needs to earn, but cant they just make half of the items free?

this just makes chess.com's people sad, they have to pay 99 usd per year.

and it would be amazing if chess.com changes the things free.. at least some to learn!

so, up vote if you think this makes lots of sense!

thank you...

i hope this wish is true!

😁😁

llama51

The irony is if you're frustrated and find the features tempting it means their advertising is working and chess.com won't change anything tongue.png

justbefair
Ragdoll_Kitten wrote:

why do we have to upgrade for everything??! i have to upgrade for analysing my game too?!? i just wanted to learn a new opening, i need to upgrade for explorer??

then whats the reason of playing chess for people? if everything is just... not free!!

if chess.com was perfect, the people would say chess.com best site for learning chess!!

but, before was best

at least.. some was free

i hope staff's see this, and change their mind. i know chess.com needs to earn, but cant they just make half of the items free?

and it would be amazing if chess.com changes the things free.. at least some to learn!

thank you...

😁😁

There are many free things here. Some people like you have played thousands of games without ever paying .   You have a blog. You run and belong to clubs. You have taken lessons and done puzzles.

You evidently spend a lot of time here. 1942 rapid games in 4 months means you have spent an average of six hours per day just playing those games. Add in the other games and activities and somehow chess.com has built something that is probably your biggest activity.

Even the most expensive option only comes to about $8 per month. 

Ninja_Tribunal

I guess that if they won't consider doing what you ask, we can all learn from each other. ig. I'm on your side with this whole thing 100% Ragdoll_Kitten. thumbup.png

Feel free to upvote this comment. lol

x-6243502074

You obviously use the site a lot so why don't you become a member, I'm also new to the site and after using the free trial for a few days I decided to become a gold member, it's worth the small cost and if you can't afford the yearly fee use the monthly option.

Woollensock2
What ever you get , it’s a good site ! ✌️😎
Wits-end

And the least expensive upgrade is only $0.08 per day. Considering all that you have used on this site for free, eight pennies a day seems like the deal of the year. 

It’s like going into your favorite restaurant and drinking the free water, using the free restroom, reading the free newspapers, having the servers refill your glass (also free), and they’ll even clean up after you leave, again at no cost to you. Then after three or four months you complain that the items on the menu like the omelettes, avocado burgers, and biscuits and gravy should also be free of charge. Why do i have to pay for an upgrade from water to hollandaise sauce you ask? 

I don’t use all the features but I’m willing to fork (pun intended) over my hard earned $0.08 a day in order to provide a very small contribution to the expenses of maintaining a program that i use daily. 

It falls in the category of “No Brainer.”

Woollensock2
Excellent response ! ✌️😎
YellowVenom

It's a no-brainer if you want to become a GM, or you see chess as a very serious hobby. For the rest of us, only the foolish would willingly throw a single penny at chess.

Wits-end
YellowVenom wrote:

It's a no-brainer if you want to become a GM, or you see chess as a very serious hobby. For the rest of us, only the foolish would willingly throw a single penny at chess.

Also quite true! Of course some will not blink at paying $6 for a cup of coffee, or $1000 for a new 5g phone either. Then complain that chess.com is way too expensive. 

miskit_mistake

Why do people pay $6 for 'coffee' and bad coffee at that.

Fathibraham

Sometimes it's my time to play and I can't do it, and time in clock is running, what happen,please help. Thanks

Wits-end

why??

InsertInterestingNameHere

People will buy 20 rolls of toilet paper before they spend money on a membership

Wits-end
InsertInterestingNameHere wrote:

People will buy 20 rolls of toilet paper before they spend money on a membership

So many life decisions to be made. It can be difficult for some. 

Wits-end
technical_knockout wrote:

wish in one hand...

Now that’s a dad-ism!

Pulpofeira

I wonder how people managed to learn chess when there wasn't internet.

eiosolkrha

Because chess.com need money to help developing their site. Upgrading is donating. You can go to lichess if you don't like chess.com. Lichess has no upgrades.

Fun_Chess_With_Rishi
Ninja_Tribunal wrote:

I guess that if they won't consider doing what you ask, we can all learn from each other. ig. I'm on your side with this whole thing 100% Ragdoll_Kitten. 

Feel free to upvote this comment. lol - Edited

Fun_Chess_With_Rishi
justbefair wrote:
Ragdoll_Kitten wrote:

but, before was best

at least.. some was free

thank you...

😁😁

There are many free things here. Some people like you have played thousands of games without ever paying .   You have a blog. You run and belong to clubs. You have taken lessons and done puzzles.

You evidently spend a lot of time here. 1942 rapid games in 4 months means you have spent an average of six hours per day just playing those games. Add in the other games and activities and somehow chess.com has built something that is probably your biggest activity.

Even the most expensive option only comes to about $8 per month. 

But playing chess only gives us experience, not learning.