Forums

End game help pls…

Sort:
Moonwarrior_1

https://www.chess.com/analysis/game/live/18062508669

I also threw 2 winning end games earlier…

KingCobra280

Just dont blunder

KingCobra280
Jonathanyip90 wrote:

not good at endgames either oof

same lol

Moonwarrior_1
Jonathanyip90 wrote:

not good at endgames either oof

*First comment btw

lol

Moonwarrior_1
KingCobra280 wrote:

Just dont blunder

-_-

ninjaswat

Okay... STOP PASSED PAWNS... try to avoid letting their rook get to the back rank before you can attack a pawn (of theirs ofc) on your 2nd rank... Pretty sure you blundered a winning endgame as I was watching due to this...

meowmeomeo

read the DEM if you're advanced like me (which you aren't) or maybe the 100 Endgames You Must Know.

Moonwarrior_1
meowmeomeo wrote:

read the DEM if you're advanced like me (which you aren't) or maybe the 100 Endgames You Must Know.

Moonwarrior_1
Jonathanyip90 wrote:

Here are some tips

- Uhhhhhhh......

-Uhhhhhhh.......

- Play Good ig 

OldPatzerMike

Learning endgames requires hard work. Study and practice, and then study and practice some more. For study, I recommend using books, especially Silman's endgame course, but you have to be willing to stick with each position until you're sure you understand everything about it. For practice, a strong player as a study partner is best, but there are on line resources that you can play against until you perfect your play in many endgames.

meowmeomeo
OldPatzerMike wrote:

Learning endgames requires hard work. Study and practice, and then study and practice some more. For study, I recommend using books, especially Silman's endgame course, but you have to be willing to stick with each position until you're sure you understand everything about it. For practice, a strong player as a study partner is best, but there are on line resources that you can play against until you perfect your play in many endgames.

Try the Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual, he's one of the most renowned authors of all time, but sadly he passed away in 2016... sad.png

V3RD1CT

Maybe read silmans endgame cource

tygxc

GM Karsten Müller now edits "Dvoretzky's Endgame Manual"

OldPatzerMike
meowmeomeo wrote:
OldPatzerMike wrote:

Try the Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual, he's one of the most renowned authors of all time, but sadly he passed away in 2016...

DEM is certainly the ultimate endgame book, and Dvoretsky was a maestro of the endgame. My thought, though, is that if the original poster is having that much trouble with endings, DEM will be too advanced of a book to start out with. 

meowmeomeo
OldPatzerMike wrote:
meowmeomeo wrote:
OldPatzerMike wrote:

Try the Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual, he's one of the most renowned authors of all time, but sadly he passed away in 2016...

DEM is certainly the ultimate endgame book, and Dvoretsky was a maestro of the endgame. My thought, though, is that if the original poster is having that much trouble with endings, DEM will be too advanced of a book to start out with. 

Meh, he's intelligent enough. Don't insult his cleverness. Maybe buy an endgame course on Chessable would prolly be perfect for him.

ricorat

You might find this video helpful

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=drcDNIKIYv4

DrChessWizard
Moonwarrior_1 wrote:

https://www.chess.com/analysis/game/live/18062508669

I also threw 2 winning end games earlier…

just get gud