Forums

Best opening for beginners!?!

Sort:
QuickBoots
Marie-AnneLiz ha scritto:
QuickBoots a écrit :

It's fun to notice that everybody who suggested you an opening is a beginner as well... and the ones dicently rated suggested not to focus on any opening... so  i'd find there my answer.

Now here my contribution as a fellow beginner

Personally I think chess should be fun and the best opening are the ones one have more fun playing.. you can test if you like open games, usually thay tend to be more fun to play, so everything on e4 that involves a gambit but not too wild or you can get overwalmed, i personally play evans gambit every time i can.  And for black I would stick to petrov defence against e4 ( there are some fun lines here ) and Slav defense against Queen's gambit, but i guess you can't scratch any fun here... For everything else just play it by ear, following the opening principles. I can't really understend how somebody can suggest Sicilian defense for a beginner.. I would find anybody who understand something about the sicilian to be quite advanced.. it's quite difficult in my opinio 

You are not a beginner with 22600 games played!

And i'm not a beginner! with a rating of way above 1200

I do agree with your opinion though!

Everybody but you of course wink.png... my games # comes from my bullet addiction, I still don't have many clues about what happen on the board 

Marie-AnneLiz
QuickBoots a écrit :
Marie-AnneLiz ha scritto:
QuickBoots a écrit :

It's fun to notice that everybody who suggested you an opening is a beginner as well... and the ones dicently rated suggested not to focus on any opening... so  i'd find there my answer.

Now here my contribution as a fellow beginner

Personally I think chess should be fun and the best opening are the ones one have more fun playing.. you can test if you like open games, usually thay tend to be more fun to play, so everything on e4 that involves a gambit but not too wild or you can get overwalmed, i personally play evans gambit every time i can.  And for black I would stick to petrov defence against e4 ( there are some fun lines here ) and Slav defense against Queen's gambit, but i guess you can't scratch any fun here... For everything else just play it by ear, following the opening principles. I can't really understend how somebody can suggest Sicilian defense for a beginner.. I would find anybody who understand something about the sicilian to be quite advanced.. it's quite difficult in my opinio 

You are not a beginner with 22600 games played!

And i'm not a beginner! with a rating of way above 1200

I do agree with your opinion though!

Everybody but you of course ... my games # comes from my bullet addiction, I still don't have many clues about what happen on the board 

Oh i'm sorry! ')