How to do the “fried liver” opening

cdaguer1

 

saeedAFG

RobloxBeeSwarmMaster wrote:

Yea but these guys are beginners let’s start easy

RobloxBeeSwarmMaster wrote: Yea but these guys are beginners let’s start easy

1_a31-0
saeedAFG wrote:

 

RobloxBeeSwarmMaster wrote:

Yea but these guys are beginners let’s start easy

RobloxBeeSwarmMaster wrote: Yea but these guys are beginners let’s start easy

 

I am a beginner, your point?

Adorn_Aliment

 

RobloxBeeSwarmMaster

🤦‍♂️

aarontian2010

um

um

ghost_of_pushwood
congrandolor wrote:

Drink much vodka and you liver will be fried.

I think that's the Fried Liquor.

Morphys-Revenge

Don't. If you are still worried about playing the fried liver, you are a beginner. If you are a beginner, play whatever because it really does not matter what you play, it will come down to tactics.  So study tactics and don't worry about openings. 

Morphys-Revenge
ghost_of_pushwood wrote:
congrandolor wrote:

Drink much vodka and you liver will be fried.

I think that's the Fried Liquor.

Yep. Good advice. 

kindaspongey

"... for those that want to be as good as they can be, they'll have to work hard.
Play opponents who are better than you … . Learn basic endgames. Create a simple opening repertoire (understanding the moves are far more important than memorizing them). Study tactics. And pick up tons of patterns. That’s the drumbeat of success. ..." - IM Jeremy Silman (December 27, 2018)
https://www.chess.com/article/view/little-things-that-help-your-game

MatthewFreitag

THIS is the fried liver attack:

 

1_a31-0
MatthewFreitag wrote:

THIS is the fried liver attack:

 

Nf7 hardly deserves an exclamation -- one, because it's theory, and two, because d4! is better 

kindaspongey

https://www.chess.com/article/view/how-do-i-get-that-1800-into-a-fried-liver

https://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1765926

1_a31-0

But that's only because he is Shirov........and it doesn't hurt to be 200 points higher rated 

kindaspongey

"... in a period of a few years, century-old theory had reversed. Instead of the popular Fried Liver [(6.Nxf7)] being considered the inferior response to 5...Nxd5?! and the Lolli 6.d4 the one that refuted it, the roles changed! The Fried Liver was placed on the pedestal and the Lolli relegated to the notes section. …" - NM Dan Heisman (2014)

1_a31-0
kindaspongey wrote:

"... in a period of a few years, century-old theory had reversed. Instead of the popular Fried Liver [(6.Nxf7)] being considered the inferior response to 5...Nxd5?! and the Lolli 6.d4 the one that refuted it, the roles changed! The Fried Liver was placed on the pedestal and the Lolli relegated to the notes section. …" - NM Dan Heisman (2014)

But if you use stockfish......

ghost_of_pushwood

Still, I must say that in a world where everything seems to change, there is at least one certainty:  people starting out always seem to be fascinated by the Fried Liver. happy.png

melvinbluestone
ghost_of_pushwood wrote:

Still, I must say that in a world where everything seems to change, there is at least one certainty:  people starting out always seem to be fascinated by the Fried Liver.

   Indeed. And you would think that with the emphasis on low-fat foods and less cholesterol in our diets, this would have changed. But, no! They just keep going back for more of these greasy, fried openings......

gf3

just call it the Tal.

gf3

ie wodka.

booooooooo i know boooooooooooo comedy is pushing the messages.png