Forums

I'm trying to improve to 1000 rating... Any ideas on how to get to 1000?

AunTheKnight

Get an opening you can play well with.

ukrainiandude

just be better

AunTheKnight
ukrainiandude wrote:

just be better

Useful.

ukrainiandude
AunTheKnight wrote:
ukrainiandude wrote:

just be better

Useful.

ikr

i am a very gifted coach

ukrainiandude
CRY0TIC_X wrote:
ukrainiandude wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:
ukrainiandude wrote:

just be better

Useful.

ikr

i am a very gifted coach

Totally and that why I beat you in 10 min

THAT WAS BECAUSE OF 1 BLUNDER

and also, my sister was distracting me

and also, i bet that i will beat you in 69 games in a row

DARQBEAMEDYOULOL

acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 acc beamed by darq <3 

AunTheKnight

What the heck

AunTheKnight

Creep

ponz111

You make the same mistakes over and over and over again.  Fix that.

SRMarquardt

Sometimes doing less is better than doing more. Focus on your chess tactics, cut back on the amount of games that you are playing, get a game collection like Logical Chess Move By Move and play over the games guessing each move for the winning side.

APACHEA1

You should play a game and try to calculate the game this way you may reach 1000

NeneChqn
My advice is simple: Just play one really good game a day. Put all your energy and brain power into it. I was a 800~900 half a year ago, and it worked really well for me. Good luck!
Yosef115

I play almost 20 puzzles a day and I have only chose one opening for white, and one for black. Which is, Spanish and Sicilian. I'm learning the 34 main tactics to use. and just nothing but I improved my rating in a month. But yeah I'm tilted 150 points too but yeah I hope this helps you

Yosef115

Actually i was a 800 before 4 months

icyboyyy

My advice would be to practice tactics, learn basic positional play, and learn some basic ways of starting attacks and defending attacks. Also always look for your opponents threats, if they have any, and try to stop them. 

Totally_Winsome

IMHO blitz is for people who already understand tactics and know the attack lines for the openings they are going to play.  It's very hard to actually improve playing blitz, blitz ruins your game. Really I'm rated about 1400 but my blitz rating is only about 1000.  That's true for a lot of people, blitz ratings are often lower.  The way to improve is to try to see at least 3 or 4 moves ahead. You have to anticipate your opponent's reply, and what you will do then.  Therefore play some slow games and learn you a gambit or two, and a strong opening or three and a strong defense or two.  Learn to anticipate the response, and when you are all revved up on a winning streak, then go knock off a few blitz games for giggles.  Best wishes for good games always!

Warrior_GOLD

My goal is 1000 by (the year) 2022. I play the Scandinavian as black and queen's gambit as white. 

icyboyyy
ukrainiandude wrote:
CRY0TIC_X wrote:
ukrainiandude wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:
ukrainiandude wrote:

just be better

Useful.

ikr

i am a very gifted coach

Totally and that why I beat you in 10 min

THAT WAS BECAUSE OF 1 BLUNDER