Forums

A spot of chess comedy

Sort:
NPOfilms

Hi guys,

We make comedy shorts and sketches and recently completed one about a game of a chess with a difference. Thought the guys and girls on here might appreciate the funny side of it, take a look if you like!  Hopefully it'll bring a smile to your face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJUUzk58i2g

Dave

baddogno

IMHO? Lame.  The music was ok.

Doggy_Style

Don't give up the day job.

Stampnl

tough crowd..

NPOfilms

Haha seems like it.  Ah well, thanks for taking a look anyway Wink  Any advice/comments on what could be better?

TheGrobe

Silly. Resignation would have been funnier I think.

TetsuoShima

well not bad actually when i first saw the chess set it was funny  but then the joke was over and it was outright lame... 

netzach

B/W cinematography was good.

TheGrobe

Yeah, this is true -- the punchline was delivered halfway through.

TetsuoShima

even so i paid not so much atention to it, i also think the cinematography was quite good

AndyClifton

Yeah, the cinematography/look was good.  I thought it would have been improved if both guys (particularly the guy with the glasses) would've taken the proceedings more seriously.

But the "joke," such as it was, wasn't terribly funny, and then it dragged on pointlessly after that besides.  Anyway, "chess comedy" tends to be a bit like "office humor," I'm afraid... Wink

heinzie

Checkmate!!! Now that's funny!!!

heinzie

and original!!!!

Pat_Zerr

Yes, it was amusing but went on way too long.  One of them should have made a move after you first see the board, then have the other resign or something.

LelaCrosby

Yeah you could trim it, then insert it into maybe a 5min comedy film.

kayak21

Sorry NPO Dave, it wouldn't play on my droid. ;)

pawnshop2013

This is Belfast chess. The Irish GM on the right missed a stalemate opportunity a move earlier.