WHICH HACKKKKKKKKKK

The repetition one

gullupakka

?? what do u do in it

amigodemakakino
m_connors escribió:

A hack is a hack, of course, of course
And no one can hack like a hack, of course
That is, of course, unless the hack is just a hack . . .

PERO BRO QUIEN TE PREGUNTO?

mt_zion7
wow.. 😳
GM_Barack_Obama

12) If there are no pieces in between a rook and a king and neither one of them has moved, or can be taken, then you can use a very obscure bug in chess.com code to actually teleport your king 2 moves instead of one. It also moves your rook THROUGH your king. When I'm president again I'll patch this, but in the meantime go try it.

13) If you're playing as white and have a pawn on the 5th rank, and your opponent has a pawn on their 3rd rank but moves it two spaces forward so it's next to your pawn on the 5th rank, the lazy chess.com developers forgot to code it so it can't be taken. So, you can take the pawn just like it moved only one square. This works vice versa with black. This glitch has gotten so popular it's been termed by the French community as "en pissant" meaning "I'm pissed" because if this happens to you then you will be pissed. Try at your own risk, even Carl Magnusson doesn't know about it.

constantcucumber

14) When you are playing a chess game, the extra 2 queens is so that if you lose, you can pick the queen on your side up and yeet it at your opponent. If you are accurate with your throw, this may or may not damage your opponents brain so that when you want a rematch they will forget how to play chess.

jetoba

Bizarrely enough, three are accurate.

#8 even if you disregard entities like PCA and the World Chess Federation (which I think is now officially debunked - it is not FIDE) then you still have the world's junior, senior and women's champion.

#9 is accurate

#10 is partially accurate (you are supposed to read the US Chess rulebook before running tournaments rated in its system but you don't need to learn every rule before doing so (defer the round robin tables if you are running a swiss tournament, defer the monetary prize division logic if you are running a trophy only tournament, defer the tie-break logic if you are running a money only tournament, etc.).  The forfeiting of the Canadian GM caused a fair amount of outrage but he wasn't the only GM Canada had.

cirrin

@jetoba #9 may be accurate, but I'm pretty sure only ONE clock is used... :think:

jetoba
B1ZMARK wrote:

@jetoba #9 may be accurate, but I'm pretty sure only ONE clock is used... :think:

It is two clocks, but with only one running at a time.  Nowadays with virtually all clocks being digital it isn't as obvious when there were two analog clocks paired together in one case and each had its own mechanism (if you needed to you could use one from a damaged pair to replace the damaged one in another pair and thus get one good BHB device out of two broken BHB devices.

cirrin

Ah so you mean each clock on one side, I see.

cirrin

@nickolay cap

constantcucumber
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
llama44 wrote:

Someone make one of those awful clickbait videos where the author is obviously a moron and knows nothing about the subject.

For example in the style of this (I didn't actually watch this video, but they make a lot of garbage):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3ZKsE77F-4

Here's a script I wrote for you

Top 10 Chess HACKS You Didn't Know About:

1) Whenever a player moves a pawn all the way to any edge of the board, it can become a queen, but if you already have a queen then it has to stay a pawn.

2) Here's a trick Russians used to use on Bobby Fischer. By repeating the same move 3 times in a row, the game will become a draw. After Russians abused this to win the world championship Bobby Fischer petitioned to have the rule changed. Thanks to him, professional players all over the world now use Fischer Rules.

3) Did you know chess makes you good at math? Many European schools have replaced traditional math classes with chess classes. Instead of learning multiplication tables kids are given checkmate puzzles to solve. It must be working, because their math scores are still higher than schools in the United States.

4) Throughout all history, only one woman was awarded the men's grandmaster title. Susan Polgar was the highest ranked woman in history. Even though she never played in a men only tournament, she was awarded the men's GM title to acknowledge her achievement.

5) It's the age old question, which is worth more, the bishop or knight? Bobby Fischer thought knights were worth more while his contemporaries, like Chigorin, preferred bishops. Today computers have broken each piece into centipawns which means fractions of a pawn. Computers determined that there is no fixed value for pieces at all! No wonder my computer always beats me!

6) Cheating in chess has always been a problem for chess organizers. In the 1800s some players would smuggle extra pieces into tournaments and place them on the board when their opponent wasn't looking. This led to the practice of recording your moves. Look closely at any top tournament and you can see players like Magnus Carlsen recording how many pawns, knights, and bishops are on the board after every move.

7) Chess ratings keep going up! Just like Olympic records for speed and distance are shattered, every year the best chess players in the world reach new heights. The first system to numerically represent a player's skill was developed by professor Elo and adopted by FIDE in the 1960s. This system uses a computer to give a score to each move, and at the end of the game a player's skill is calculated based on how well they played.

8) The world champion of chess, Magnus Carlsen, is widely regarded as one of the best players alive today, but did you know he isn't the only player currently recognized as world champion? In 1993 Garry Kasparov started his own chess organization, the PCA. Garry Kasparov, also one of the strongest players alive today, remains the undefeated PCA world champion, and since the PCA no longer hosts tournaments, that probably wont change any time soon!

9) Have you ever seen a professional chess tournament and wondered what those weird looking clocks are? Many years ago chess wasn't played with clocks at all, but some players decided to stall the game when they were losing. To prevent this chess clocks were introduced. Two clocks are used for each game, and they record how long a player takes to make their moves.

10) Chess has a lot of rules, probably more than you think! The USCF rulebook has over 400 pages of rules tournament directors must learn before hosting tournaments. These rules cover everything from how players are paired to what they're allowed to wear. Even strong players sometimes run afoul of the rules. In 2017 Canada's only GM, Kovalyov, was forfeited by the tournament director for inappropriate attire.

In russian schools, kids have to learn chess, and it counts as their grades.

No way

JackRoach

These are not hacks.

These are rules, and trivia.

JackRoach

Really?

Man I wish I could get graded on chess.

JackRoach
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
JackRoach wrote:

Really?

So do I. 

Wait, so you don't get graded?

JackRoach
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
JackRoach wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
JackRoach wrote:

Really?

So do I. 

I don't live in Russia.

Oh. Then why the russian flag?

JackRoach
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
JackRoach wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
JackRoach wrote:
ChesswithNickolay wrote:
JackRoach wrote:

Really?

So do I. 

I don't live in Russia.

Oh. Then why the russian flag?

One of my parents are russian. Plus,the flag intimidates oppoenents.

True, lol.

I wouldn't want to play a Russian.

cirrin
JackRoach hat geschrieben:

Really?

Saaame

JackRoach

I'd be best in my school

cirrin

I’ve yet to be best in my school