Forums

(960) game against a strong opponent

Sort:
ElKitch

Enojyed this game alot. It was played in about 24hrs. I thought I had it all under control with nice attacking possibilities and then suddenly things went fast...

royalbishop

"name" is over way overrated. You set the foundation for him to lose early in the game. He was Dead man walking and did not even know it. Think you could have been a bit more assertive in this game and it would have ended sooner.

SimaSun

Regarding one of the side variations in the middlegame:
20... Qxb1
21. Rxb1 Ne2+ 22. Kf2 Rf4+ 23. Kx2 seems to win material for white. At least I personally can't see how it's avoided.
For example:

20...Qxb1 21.Rxb1Ne2+ 22.Kf2 Rf4+ 23.Kxe2 Ba6+ 24.Ke3 Bxf1 25.dxc6
I also really missed seeing a tactical try such as:
21.e6+ Ke7 22.d6+ Ke8 23.exd7+ Kxd7 And the black king is safe because of the knight on c6 which stops moves like Qe3, covering the fork on e2 and preparing Qd7# which otherwise could have meant black has to cover the threat to his king and Rxb1 simply wins the queen for bishop.

ElKitch

hmm typed a response but its gone :/ The variation I entered is indeed flawed, as the king can just take the knight.

I also really missed seeing a tactical try such as:
21.e6+ Ke7 22.d6+ Ke8 23.exd7+ Kxd7 

This I dont understand, because white made a different move: 21. Rfe1 

SimaSun

Well, of course white played a different move, but I'm saying if 20... Qxb1, you should cover what happens if 21. e6+ as this tries to expose the king, after all if Qe3+ at some point becomes avialable to white then you just lose the queen for the bishop since there is no fork on e2 any more.