a failed attack and a downhill slide

Sort:
ChessinBlackandWhite

ChessinBlackandWhite

yeah i was looking to hone in on the h7 square, but your line looks good

ChessinBlackandWhite

yeah i thought that won a pawn, but it did not at all haha

InfiniteFlash

18.Nf6+ gxf6 19. Rg3+ Kf8 20.Qxf6  wins on the spot, black is in total zugzwang, and he loses major material. A very hard move to see at first glance.

20.Rxf5!? was certainly very interesting, but i can not say that Bxf5 was bad either, its just that black didn't play Qxe3+ and avoid all of the nonsense is what bothered me.

23.Rf8+! wins on the spot, and i can understand why you missed this.

23..Kxf8 (Qxf8 Qxh7) 24.Qf5+ Kg8 25.Qxh7+ Kf8 26.Qh8+ Ke7 27.Qxg7+ Kd6 28.Rd1+ is mate soon.

34.c5! (i honestly did not see anything here, and decided for a change to see what houdini would say...), an honest to god cool deflection tactic, basically white opens black's king up by taking the g6 pawn. 

34.c5! Qd3?? (attacking the rook to make sure g6 is not free) 35.Qf6+! Kg8 (kh7 Qe7+ Kg8 Rf3 Qd4 Rg3 g5 rf3 and black can not defend his anemic king position (kh8 Rf7 gg)  36. Rf3 (poking at g6 and d8, black can not sustain a defense and loses).

black probably has to play Qd7 instead of the natural Qd3 or something and let white take on g6, white will be up a pawn, and his active pieces grant him superior chances to win the game.

after missing c5 (which i would have missed too), black pretty much locked it away, the queen trade did not help. Tongue out

ChessinBlackandWhite

very helpoful! I missed both the win with Nf6 and I was looking for that kind of thing at the time, the Rf8 I did not even think about, it is a tactic I will watch for now, thank you.

c5 is great, but I would never see that haha