Analysis

MarioYa
What does those numbers which are displayed in analysis mode mean? Please, could you tell me what the is that numbers with points mean? E.g 1.2 & -0.e ... etc
MarioYa

like -2 , -0.2

LegitPower

It shows who is in the winning position E.g. 1.0 white is in winning position and -1.0 black is. The bigger the number the better the position

ArtNJ

1.0 is supposed to correlate with a pawn, and 3.0 with a piece.  Roughly speaking.  So +1 is white is winning by the equivalent of a pawn.  If material is equal, that either means that white can win at least a pawn in a forced line or that white has a pretty decent sized positional advantage.  

m_connors

The posts above have answered your question, more or less. Here is the link to Chess.com's explanation: https://support.chess.com/article/656-what-do-the-computer-evaluation-numbers-mean-like-225

gf3

those numbers are totes rubbish

a2S3

Don't you think that all the moves shown in Analysis as excellent moves are good moves only? Excellent moves are always fewer than good moves. I think now onward "excellent moves" should be "good moves" and vice-a-versa.

a2S3

Don't you think that all the moves shown in Analysis as excellent moves are good moves only? Excellent moves are always fewer than good moves. I think now onward "excellent moves" should be "good moves" and vice-a-versa.