Forums

It is critical to evaluate your future position

Sort:
bladezii

I am happy to bring another annotated and commented game to you, my fellow chess enthusiasts.

There is a gem of a principle or rule of thumb here to learn or follow.

I hope all the notes and comments are read using the tool since the important material I would hope to highlight is there, in the notes.

bladezii

I have a blog lisitng all my postings, so can you track the blog and get notices of updates?

http://www.chess.com/blog/bladezii/my-annotated-games-and-my-chess-videos

kco
Stigmatisert wrote:

Thank you for all your postings with your comments on openings and games. You're really educative.

(I wish I had an alert popping up every time you post a new forum like this)

You can by tracking him.

MoonlessNight

Very instructive analysis as always!

You are right that lower rated players (myself included) often do not look deep enough into the possible lines, and as a result mis-evaluate the upcoming positions.

In the mainline blue variation starting with 14.Nxe6, after 17...b6 white has 18.Bg5, when he threatens Bxf6, the e4 pawn is restricting blacks knights, I think white is clearly better.

AngeloPardi

Instead of 27 d5, couldn't you play simply Re4 to win the Knight ?

bladezii

@AngeloPardi  if 27.Re4 then why not 27 ...Nf2?

bladezii

@Nate  In the blue line variation starting with 14.Nxe6, my problem with the whole line suggest by an engine is that it lacks the trumps, at the end of 17..b6, that the line chosen gives White in the actual game.  The central mobile pawn majority and the greater space is, to me at least, a lot more significant trumps.