Forums

Let me analyze your games!

Sort:
erikido23

Okay, I am sorry.  I will give some constructive criticism.  Don't move the same piece more than 23 times in the "opening"(?).  I guess it was still the opening since none of your pieces have been developed. ONce again your welcome

Anonymous_U
erikido23 wrote:

Okay, I am sorry.  I will give some constructive criticism.  Don't move the same piece more than 23 times in the "opening"(?).  I guess it was still the opening since none of your pieces have been developed. ONce again your welcome

LOL.  It was hilarious.  It's so fun to do this in lightning chess.

MoonlessNight

Here is one for you to analyze, I played well overall I think, but my opponent was able to convert a small advantage into a large one:

Thanks for your time!

erikido23

:( did quite a bit of analysis and it didn't post.  

2nd try 2nd fail..I hate this comp.  Try again later today

Meilan1

Please analyze this game. I think I played pretty decently. At the end white totally lost it when he moved his queen, but even without that I was quite a bit better.

erikido23

nate....3 b-d3 looks slightly awkward to me.  I realize your idea is to build a big center but it doesn't seem to quite work imop

after 3..g6 4. c4 e5 already seems quite good for black.  If dxe5 then dxe and black has a nice outpost and the white light squared bishop looks  If d5 then 5..n-a6 secures those dark squares.  If b-e3 then simply n-g4.  For 6.a3, n-c5 with tempo on the e pawn 7. f3, a5(securing the knight and also possibly even following up with a later a4 securing the b3 square for the knight possibly.  If white plays b3 at some point the a pawn will be isolated).  Now if white goes with a hack attack with 8 h4, n-h5 9. ne2, b-g7 10 n-c3 (if g4 n-f4 and the b pawn hangs if you capture the pawn on f4), 0-0 11. g4, n-f4 12.  nxf4, exf4 13. bxf4, f5...and who is attacking now?

I know I know I haven't actually analyzed your game right...Well, that is just my reason why building up the strong center doesn't quite work here imop and why n-c3 should be played.

I am going to do this one in chunks just so you know... 

erikido23

Liked everything else you did up until 12.Bxb5 which strangely allowed some  counterplay (although you should be quite a bit better.)

Nxb5 and that knight is still dead on a6(I guess he could exchange it with n-c7.  But, aren't we happy with that up a piece?).  if 12...nxe4 (trying to deflect the defender of b5) 13. bxe4, rxb5 14 b-d3 and if r-b6 then b-a5 and you will be up a full rook

erikido23

I realize 16 nb5 was to obviously exchange off minor pieces because you are ahead in material...But, this seems to alleviate some of blacks problems(space and places for his pieces).  So I would probably prefer q-b7 and you can see how awkward it is for black to defend all those minor pieces in addition to that pawn on a7.  True black can play q-b8 but u can see how that doesn't solve his problems(you don't have to take activating his rook of course.  But, simply bring your rook to b1 and black still has to untangle down a piece with a weak pawn and a hanging piece on d7 and a pawn on e7 that may even be targeted...Basically you are close to a won game as long as you don't blunder)

Back to the game 18. q-d3..You are worried about r-b8(or maybe were moving there to try and exchange off dark squared bishops?  Which I like.  But, I think getting rid of the queen first seemed more relevant)?  If so why not just play q-b7 and attack that a pawn again?  

20.  r-c1....You are worried about the pawn which you are correct to be worried about it.  However, the pawns strength(as was shown in the game) is increased by the activity of that dark squared bishop(while yours isn't doing a whole lot)So instead b-c3 and this pawn will not be a danger any time soon it seems

22. q-e3, I like this move....But, now you trade off his bishop when he has cut it from the kingside.  23. q-h6 seems to be pretty much winning(the light square bishop covers e1 after cxd2 rxc7).  The threat n-g5 is obvious.  But, also if f6 then nd4 to e6 is devastating as well)

24 bxb2 in the game was obviously bad as you found out.  Your position is difficult.  But, I think n-d2!? may possibly save...The idea is that after cxd 2   qxd2 you are equal in material but not in risk of losing any time soon.  Always remember when you are ahead in material that you can always bail out and give back the material...

erikido23

I will work on owlmoon, then gmdebajeet's game...then meilan.  Thanks for all the interesting games people

Pre_VizsIa

Hey erikido23, what about my game?

erikido23

Sorry, thought that was one I already analyzed. I will get to it too:)

Meilan1

@Nate,

Your opponent didn't convert a small advantage into a big one, you threw away a decent adavntage, then gave away the game. You should have played 24. Qh6, starting an attack with the knight coming up to help. If you'd have continued playing well from there you would've probably won.

After 24. Bxb2? you lost your decent adavntage and your opponent got a minor one. Play should have continued 24...cxb2  25. Qe1 b1=Q  26. Rxc8+ Qxc8  27. Qxb1, and your game is still salvagable.

25. Nd2??? was a major blunder that lost you the game.

MoonlessNight

thanks for the analysis. Now that you mentioned it, Bd3 does seem very akward. I see why 24. Bxb2? was a mistake, my plan had been pxB RxR QxR and Nd2 or Qe1 would stop the pawn and trade of pieces at the same time, but unfortunately it doesn't.

MoonlessNight

@Meilan1 when I said that my opponent converted a small advantage, I meant to say that I had a material advantage, but my opponent was able to use a small advantage of his (a passed pawn,) and do something with it. You are right however when you say that I threw away my lead, and thank you for your advise as well.

Owlmoon

We have a lot here, don't we?Smile

MichaelBlack
Owlmoon

I have another one, this one against a weak opponent.Smile

First, the puzzle for what I played:

Next, the game:

Owlmoon

He couldn't get at my king. He might have played Qf2+ on move 17 but he didn't so move 18 prevented it.

erikido23
Owlmoon2000 wrote:

Can you analyze this game?

Black played passively and he lost.

Lots of stuff here....

4. d5?!  your opponent has only played pawn moves.  If he takes your pawn on d4 you can take with the knight and be happy that you have great control of the center and a development advantage.  So instead of clarifying the central situation then you should probably just DEVELOP(which most beginning players should be striving to do in the opening anyways) with something like b-c4(notice how they have also weakened control of those light squares around their king with the f6 move?)

after 4....c6 you respond with 5 c4.  Yes it gains space.  But, I think more appropriate is probably n-c3 accentuating blacks not wanting to develop.  If cxd then nxd5 and those light squares will be terrible in combination with a weak d6 pawn.  So they will probably play c5 again anyway(more because they just like moving pawns).  But, that just means you will be moving farther ahead in development

6.g4?? I hope you understand why this is bad

10. n-b5?  You aren't even threatening anything.  Try and find a plan(even if that just means completing development ).  Maybe, h4 and h5 and possibly exchanging off rooks if allowed(if they with g5 they "deaden"" their bishop even more.  Even down a pawn you may be slightly better because of your bishop pair and the black bishop is basically dead(meaning DON"T go trying to exchange it off-unless there is a concrete reason for it) in combination with b-h3-e6 possibly b-e3, 0-0-0 and q-h3 then breaking open the position with f4.  Don't know if it would win.  BUt, your position would be rather pleasant.  

30.  rxa6?! how about r-a8+ winning the knight...Work on your tactics and look at all hanging pieces(and how to get at them), checks and captures. 

I will stop there.  

erikido23
GMDEBAJEET wrote:

WELL HERE ONE FOR POINTING OUT MY ERROR IN THIS HEAVILY BLUNDERED GAME ... WHAT COULD BE THE BETTER MOVES AND WHAT WERE MY BASIC MISTAKES

7. gxf6?! you shattered your pawn structure for no reason...qxf6 is much more natural.  You can see how the doubled pawns(the f pawns "on top" of each other) create weaknesses.  Now the f5 square and f7 are weak(they can't be protected by another pawn which is generally best to protect things because any time it is traded it is at least an equal trade).

This was the main strategic mistake.  As others have said the rest of the game is basically tactical mistakes.  So I won't go into details in this specifc game.  But, as was mentioned their are great tools here and at chess tempo to work on your tactics.  Don't get frustrated.  It will take a while to see some real improvement.  Enjoy the process.