Forums

who is better

Sort:
asvpcurtis

like the title suggests who do you think is winning in this position - white to move

hoedesack

your mom (she plays white). /thread

asvpcurtis

troll, don't you have a bridge to live under?

hoedesack

nice attempt at trying to act cool, but dissing homeless people is just considered a cheapshot where i come from.

have a nice day

yours truly

hoedesack

en_passentknight

obviously black, even if white pushes the a-pawn, black promotes first with the g pawn.

asvpcurtis
en_passentknight wrote:

obviously black, even if white pushes the a-pawn, black promotes first with the g pawn.

actually white does the white king can slow blacks progress long enough for the white pawn to promote first and win this came out of a blitz game i won and it has even been checked with an engine 

although a quick look would have to completely convince you to believe black is winning it just isn't so

en_passentknight
p-wnattack wrote:
en_passentknight wrote:

actually white does the white king can slow blacks progress long enough for the white pawn to promote first and win this came out of a blitz game i won and it has even been checked with an engine 

although a quick look would have to completely convince you to believe black is winning it just isn't so

I see it now.  1.Ke3 g4, 2.Kf2 f5, 3.a4 f4, 4.a5 e3 or g3 puts white in check, which leads to (assuming e3) 5.Kf2 g3, 6.Kf3 e5, 7.a6 e2, 8.Kxe2 e4 leaves little room for white's king to play, so 9. a7 and then it's child's play for white to win. Please tell me if I made wrong moves.

EricFleet

On the first move I would push the a-pawn. It probably doesn't matter much, but it forces black to commit to a plan of action. Then white can respond appropriately.

asvpcurtis

1. ke3 is susceptible to f4 checks with tempo after the g pawn has run far enough which gains a game winning tempo and you lose. instead ke2 is more flexible and wins but i prefer the more direct a4 because it is even more flexible than ke2.

asvpcurtis
EricFleet wrote:

On the first move I would push the a-pawn. It probably doesn't matter much, but it forces black to commit to a plan of action. Then white can respond appropriately.

+1

InfiniteFlash

the race isnt even close...please move everything down one rank, place the a pawn on a5 or a6, and perhaps black can win in a cool finish or something.