Forums

My thoughts on the game at 1600 level

Sort:
MarvsC

Please help me see my inaccuracies and mistakes in the game. 
Please share your thoughts and if possible explain your variations.  thanksLaughing
Frankdawg

You won so it is hard to point out "where you went wrong" good job, try someone harder, come back with a loss and get it analyzed.

Mariyo18

well on move 9 Be2. my thought is that he moved away because of your e and f pawn chain. possibly thinking the bishop is more a target then anything, and after b5 it will be pushed back anyway... he was probably thinking it better to retreat for a few turns and open some lines so as to post his bishop well again. i think be2 is possibley his best move for that piece. however he should have come up with something to counter nxe5, and worried about the bishops position later i must admit, however, my rating will probably be lower then a 1600. i think i measure up around a 1400-1500 (though i can say i would have given your opponent a lot of trouble) i havnt had the money to travel and its been a year or so since ive played "over the board" chess competitively. so if i say something thats obvious. dont be rude Tongue out. also. on move 23. if he doesnt blunder. i would say to capitalize on your control of the only open file and double the rooks...with his other rook being off the back rank it will take some planning to wrestle that away from you. those are the things ive seen just by glancing. hope it helps a bit

MarvsC
Frankdawg wrote:

You won so it is hard to point out "where you went wrong" good job, try someone harder, come back with a loss and get it analyzed.

At any level I desire to make the strongest possible move, and in every won game I believe that there still exist mistakes or inaccuracies.  Like Kasparov said, we win probably because our opponent made the last mistake.  And we have to work on our weaknesses and come back stronger, so that's why I wish to have people like you to spot those errors right from the opening moves. Smile

MarvsC
Mariyo18 wrote:

...on move 23. if he doesnt blunder. i would say to capitalize on your control of the only open file and double the rooks...with his other rook being off the back rank it will take some planning to wrestle that away from you. those are the things ive seen just by glancing. hope it helps a bit

thanks, and I also saw grammatical errors on my part, anyway, what you are trying to say is that if he did not blunder his rook on 23 then my gameplan should proceed with doubling the rooks: Rd7 then Rfd8. thanks.Smile

Mariyo18

yeah thats exactly what i ment Cool. hope i helped!