Forums

Post your best miniatures here

Sort:
RubenHogenhout
[COMMENT DELETED]
nimzo_idiot

Sea-cadet mate

tmkroll

Kopec System. Blitz game. My opponent pushed past my center instead of challenging it which is always good, also played h6, very easy play. Houdini likes my Bishop sacrifice and doesn't suggest any other moves. Oddly it also likes my opponent taking it (I'm used to that sacrifice either not working because of something I overlooked or being uncapturable according to the engine) and gives a line where I get 3 pawns and it looks like I can lift a rook and continue the attack. My opponent didn't play that way and lost quickly.

Firethorn15

A textbook example of why pushing e5 too early in the KID is a bad idea...

Firethorn15

My CAPS score was 99.66 as I was following a recommendation from "The Modern Vienna Game" (Ovetchkin & Sokolov) until move 10, so I hope my opponent doesn't accuse me of cheating!
chadnilsen

dis is a comment

chadnilsen

345th page!

Ben_Dubuque

miniature is under 25 moves

Firethorn15

Where's Barefoot_Player when you need him...?

Thunderstruck68

RubenHogenhout
@nartreb  What a funnie Bishops. They are in fact Knights! Lol.

chadnilsen
Here is my miniature:
CerebralAssassin19
Ben_Dubuque
kingspellingbee2005

I just won a game in 7 moves. I feel like my opponent wasn't watching what my plan was.

TheOneAndOnlySeanH

Had this one in a five minute game

CerebralAssassin19
melvinbluestone wrote:

@CerebralAssassin19:

3...Bf5 turns up now and then in the QGA. White usually just continues 4.Nc3, but 4.e3 looks okay. By trading off his LSB, your opponent got into real light-square trouble. In this blitz game, I tried the dubious 4.Ne5, thinking maybe of getting my pawn back immediately. Black again trades off his LSB, and again gets into trouble, especially when he tries to hang on to the pawn.

I've never seen 3...Bf5,so I played my usual 3.e3.Yeah both e3 and Nc3 are good,Ne5 a bit more unusual but might work in a blitz game.

Nice game there,it's good chess justice when these players that think they can hang on to the pawn get punished lol.(The queens gambit isn't a true gambit).

StrategicusRex
I don't even know what you'd call the beginning to this King's Gambit miniature I played.  Delayed Muzio, maybe?  My habit of not studying openings struck again here.

robertjames_perez
middlegameexpert123
robertjames_perez wrote:

37...Rd2!! and you are lost