Forums

Post your best miniatures here

Sort:
Hyperbolics

A nice game I just had:

Elpawnbroker
Roonil-Wazlib
it is a real game in chess.com
i was black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Equalizurrrr

Thats pretty much the same as the scholars mate,99% of players would have seen that

Ziryab

After my opponent's twelfth move, I was worried. I found the only move that doesn't lose. In the complications, my opponent faltered.

Barefoot_Player

What is "undefined"? Does it mean "unclear"?

Did you just copy the chess.com analysis with little thought?

And it's not even a miniature!

Ziryab
Barefoot_Player wrote:

What is "undefined"? Does it mean "unclear"?

Did you just copy the chess.com analysis with little thought?

And it's not even a miniature!

I did not use chess.com's analysis.

Undefined is box; that is, only move. Copy and paste from pgn to threads here often leave out or alters the annotation symbols.

Checkmate on move 26 is close enough to a miniature, especially as Black was completely lost after move 17.

You can see these annotations without errors introduced by chess.com at http://chessskill.blogspot.com/2017/05/uh-oh.html

For the record, I only use engines to check my own analysis. 

MayCaesar

Here is a game against a friend I played, down a queen at start. While not technically a miniature, the game really ended around the 26th move. Was quite a challenge, I had to think very hard to create some kind of attack in there!

Equalizurrrr
MayCaesar wrote:

Here is a game against a friend I played, down a queen at start. While not technically a miniature, the game really ended around the 26th move. Was quite a challenge, I had to think very hard to create some kind of attack in there!

Was being queenless at start a challenge? And if im correct u were white?

MayCaesar
Equalizurrrr wrote:
MayCaesar wrote:

Was being queenless at start a challenge? And if im correct u were white?

I was black. I decided to go queenless, because my friend was pretty new to chess, and I wanted to give her a chance. Even so, playing with a queen down is no joke!

shakilkhanA1

Sumiye

i will post more here https://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-openings/win-in-less-than-20-moves-with-black?page=1

Ziryab

In this game, White adopts a subpar opening strategy--the cowardly Exchange--and gains a strong initiation that leads to winning the opponent's queen within the requisite number of moves to constitute a miniature, then checkmate follows a few moves later.

What say you @Barefoot_Player?

GM_Wetty_Paf

That aint a miniature

Barefoot_Player

"In this game, White adopts a subpar opening strategy--the cowardly Exchange--and gains a strong initiation that leads to winning the opponent's queen within the requisite number of moves to constitute a miniature, then checkmate follows a few moves later.

What say you @Barefoot_Player?"

I say, by your own words, not a miniature. So why do post games that are not miniatures? I too have played some wonderful games that are more than 25 moves. But I don't post them here.

Do you believe you, or your games. are superior to everyone else('s)?

PawnInHand

I managed to redeem an idiotic 8.g4 with a mate in 18 in this Sicilian structure...

Ziryab
Barefoot_Player wrote: 

Do you believe you, or your games. are superior to everyone else('s)?

This game was horrid on both sides, but it was over before move 25 even though more moves were played.

STEVESMITHFAN49
Game against my friend, experimenting with scotch gambit

CoffehCat
A quick game I played today, with some very energetic knights, some dubious moves by both sides, but a pretty finish.

Barefoot_Player

Z.,

"This game was horrid on both sides, but it was over before move 25 even though more moves were played."

LOL - then the game was not over according to you. Not over means not over.