Forums

Post your best miniatures here

Sort:
InternationaIMaster

Lost his queen on move 5

i have hundreds of more but i aint posting all of them

err0r909

By the opponent's moves, we fall or rise.

err0r909

Amen.

s_sajwani123

Not sure if I could have calculated all those complicated sidelines in a blitz game like this

err0r909
s_sajwani123 wrote:

Not sure if I could have calculated all those complicated sidelines in a blitz game like this

Well played in my view.

TacticalTitan32
theRonster456
lukeluke00 wrote:
theRonster456 wrote:

A tale of two blunderfests.......

This move 3.b4 in the Sicilian (1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.b4) is sort of like the wing gambit, but can go in a completely different direction. It certainly is playable, but very sharp. The same guy sprang this move on me twice. I got clobbered in the first game, but won the second. The funny thing is I had seen IM Eric Rosen get crushed with the black pieces in this line just a few days before. Afterwards, he did a little research and found the correct capture is 3...Nxb4. But of course, me, with my mind like a sieve, completely forgot this and played the inferior 3...cxb4 in both games.

First, the fiasco:

And the retribution:

If a well known IM couldn't find the best answer, I wouldn't be so harsh on myself either. But maybe after Bb5 instead of playing into it with d5, maybe a6 to chase it would be better?

I think that's correct. a6 would stop a lot of the shenanigans that went on in these two games. Unfortunately, I haven't run into 3.b4 again. Apparently, Sugarfoot has left the building..... wink

theRonster456
TacticalTitan32 wrote:

Pretty funny. 2...Qf6 is a lemon, of course. The DB has a bunch of games with this line, some of them dating back to the 17th century. The Italian player Gioachino Greco was one of the first to record his games in the early 1600s. He's the first guy to record games with this goofy line, and also games with the Fried Liver attack, the Greek gift lines, and the fishing pole trap, and lots of other tricky stuff. Some of them are hilarious. Check out this one:

lukeluke00
s_sajwani123 wrote:

Prag just beat Vidit with the Schliemann Deferred 4..f5!?, a crazy line. You handle the f pawn much better than Vidit 💪

lukeluke00

s_sajwani123
lukeluke00 wrote:
s_sajwani123 wrote:

Prag just beat Vidit with the Schliemann Deferred 4..f5!?, a crazy line. You handle the f pawn much better than Vidit 💪

Well the issue is, in the Schilemann the LSB is on b5 and mine was on c4 aiming right down at f7 which makes f5 worse in this scenario

StevetheRabbit
joshforthewin wrote:

A fun game but not very accurate what do you think?

Well done! It was a fun game - and your relentless attacking play paid off.

There is something lost when one's play becomes sounder, but less exciting.

ArmaanTokas
theRonster456

Apparently, just like Rg1 wins in all variations for white, it looks like f5! wins in all variations for black!wink

Verbeena

This game felt like a masterclass in how to punish a passive opponent. The checkmate combination must have taken my opponent by total surprize! The engine likes it.

theRonster456
Verbeena wrote:

This game felt like a masterclass in how to punish a passive opponent. The checkmate combination must have taken my opponent by total surprize! The engine likes it.

Nice game. And "passive" is putting it mildly. I think that checkmate is called a 'balestra' mate. I don't know who 'balestra' was. It's a fencing term, so maybe it comes from that.

Normanray15
JANE-THE-HOT-WOMAN

[Spam removed; DS]

lukeluke00

Most recent one, under 20 moves

theRonster456
lukeluke00 wrote:

Most recent one, under 20 moves

Caruana just played Rg1 against a Najdorf in his game with Firouzja! (1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 a6 6.Rg1)