Forums

2024 Candidates

Sort:
cooldog19132

GUKESH WON

nklristic

Well done Gukesh. A trully great tournament for him.

Is he the youngest challenger ever?

CheddarCheesetaco

My top 3 picks were Gukesh, Hikaru and Ian

DreamscapeHorizons

Yes, Gukesh is the youngest.

QathetMike

What a game with Ian and Fabi

That Nepo guy is very, very good.

Might go down as the "buffalo Bills' of chess- 4 straight Super Bowls- no wins.

AgileElephants

India rejoice!!!

Anonymous_Dragon
GermanNerd90 wrote:
yellowserge hat geschrieben:

Why couldn't Fabi convert a clearly won position? Time pressure is no excuse, the position was intuitive to play. On some level I question the capabilities of all but Magnus Carlsen, who I feel cannot draw such "clearly won" positions. I'm a Fabi fan btw, but his chokes under pressure really exasperate his fans.

yeah, because you would have beaten Nepo, right? everyone messes up under (time) pressure sometimes.

It is justified for Fabi fans to be disappointed with that result . For a player of his calibre to not convert that is not acceptable . You have to be able to play the clock as well. And not to mention Fabi got the advantage again atleast a couple of times after the second time control was reached where you have 30secs increment per move.

I would even go as far as saying he was just one step away from making history for himself because had he won , I would give him 80% odds against both Gukesh and Ding in the Tie - Breaks and World Championship match respectively.

owengarriott

Gukesh won a crazy game against Fabi, huh? with that he is the youngest Candidates winner of all time

blueemu
owengarriott wrote:

Gukesh won a crazy game against Fabi, huh? with that he is the youngest Candidates winner of all time

Best of luck to him, I say.

vhueme

Yeah the 56 hr world record holder is from Nigeria

his name is Tunde