Forums

Apologizing ii

Sort:
AWARDCHESS
Do not involve children to playing with fire!
AWARDCHESS
Who know?
AWARDCHESS
I think a lot of here are still children...
Argonaut314

We all say we aren't, but you never know who's behind the screen!  Lol.  Laughing

At least you didn't apologize for apologizing, Diana.  Tongue out

Evil_Homer

Well, it is a family orientated site. So perhaps some sense of restraint in the innuendo stakes would be nice.

Argonaut314

I sure wasn't being serious.  And don't you dare accuse me of such!  Laughing

Evil_Homer

Of course they could that's the point and I'm sure some people will choose to be more risque because of some the preceeding posts. 

normajeanyates
Diana_L wrote:

"matron saint"... it's interesting, but then I wonder why chess is a men world yet..

because I decided that men should be kept busy in stupid activities like chess so that they can do less damage to the world! ;) And to fool them, some women volunteered also - they can play almost without thought, given that chess is so trivial, but they [the women pro chess players] keep up the *act* of thinking deeply, which is easy to do, given that during a high level chess game between a woman and a man, the woman *is* thinking deeply - but of more important things than chess!

"Unfortunately, chess is not life" - Larry Evans [I revealed him my secret decades ago, because he is a nice sort of chap :) ]

normajeanyates
Evil_Homer wrote:

Well, it is a family orientated site. So perhaps some sense of restraint in the innuendo stakes would be nice.

Like Diana_L, I too dont see anything risque in this thread, but what do I know - I am only English/European.

May be most threads on this side would be considered risque by the puppets-sorry-powers-that-be [but not necessarily the people] in Saudi Arabia, but again what do I know - I am only English/European.

Argonaut314

Hahaha, normajeanyates!  Well said!  Laughing

There, that's the closest I ever get to serious.  Wink

Evil_Homer

My, oh my.

I didn't say that anything was risque yet, just there was a danger of it going that way, because preceeding posts could be used to justify such, if someone so wanted.

It's like a snowball, once it gets moving very hard to stop and that's what seems to get forums locked.

Argonaut314

Hey, I'm not European.  Does my vote count?  Tongue out

normajeanyates
Argonaut314 wrote:

Hey, I'm not European.  Does my vote count? 

Of course it does! European is as European thinks! Wink

It is time

for all good women

regardless of nationality Laughing and gender Tongue out

to come to aid of the party!

Evil_Homer
Diana_L wrote:

Of course, Jack. It's just for intelligent people.

Come on, Evil, where is your intelligent sense of humour?

My sense of humour is different when I am with my friends than when I am with my children.

normajeanyates
Diana_L wrote:

I agree, nice one, Norma! Same here, non english, European.

Diana_L, I am European in everything except - please to let us keep the pound, the mile and the driving-on-the-left! Some diversity is interesting! [One of my sadder days as a child was when they metrised the old pound-shilling-pence currency..]

I am even willing for Britain to convert to Euro - but please in that case allow us to call the Euro the (new) Pound :)

AWARDCHESS

Old measurement standarts dying hard and agonysing!..

normajeanyates
Diana_L wrote:

Ha ha! It's interesting to hear it, Norma, because most of british don't considere European to themselves, especially english if I am not wrong. And about the pound, I understand they didn't accept Euros so far, the sterling is a great currency.

Diana, you are right - specially about the English. But there are always enough exceptions! That's why I changed my 'country' here [in my profile] from UK to international (the 'England' option was not there; so I was uncomfortable with 'UK' anyway - in sports e.g. football:  england and scotland are different countries!)

The pound sterling I love was worth 20 bob (shillings). In 1970 or so the shilling was abolished - after that I think the Pound was nowhere as sterling as it was before :(

Whether it is good for britain to adopt the Euro : [1] : I do not understand enough macroeconomics to have an opinion on that...

[1] If britain  enters the €-zone, then in the UK we can then just call the € the (new) £ sterling! When £ became 100 p. instead of 240 p., we still called it £, so that is not a problem! [Then we can teach in schools: A pound sterling is called a Euro in spanish, french, german, and italian, .... ]

normajeanyates
AWARDCHESS wrote:

Old measurement standarts dying hard and agonysing!..

1. P-K4 P-K4 2.Kt-KB3 Kt-QB3 3. B-Kt5 - Ruy Lopez [the spanish game].

Diana_L, (or anyone who speaks chess in spanish) what is the Ruy Lopez opening (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5] called in español?

MM78

well Norma, half crowns, tanners, that's going back a bit.  Regarding your profile the flag of St. George is available, Team Ireland are currently playing Team England and they all have it in their profile. 

AWARDCHESS

"Diana_L, (or anyone who speaks chess in spanish) what is the Ruy Lopez opening (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5] called in español?"

It called Lope de Thega?