Forums

Can someone please translate this for me

Sort:
jwhitesj

U2200, U1900, U1600, U1300 SECTIONS: 7SS, Jan 18-21, 19-21 or 20-21, 40/2, SD/1, d5 (3-day option, rds. 1-2 G/75, d5, 2-day option, rds. 1-4 G/40, d5).

I understand the stuff in black and blue, but I'm confused as to how to interpret the stuff in red.  Can somoene explain to me what all that means.

MoonlessNight

"d5" means 5 second delay. The 2 and 3 day option means you can play 2 of the days, or 3 of the days. Seems like a good tourney, good luck if you sign up!

jwhitesj

Thanks, what does 7ss and sd/1 mean?

jwhitesj

I think 7ss stands for 7 round swiss style, but I just want to make sure, but I have no idea what the SD/1 means

MoonlessNight

I too, think 7ss means 7 rounds. SD1 means after 40 moves you get an hour for the rest of of your moves

jwhitesj

Ok, thanks for your help nate

ohsnapzbrah

7ss = 7 round swiss system pairings

SD/1 = 1 hour will be added after black's 40th move to both players' clocks. The rest of the game must be finished with the remainder of the time.

d5 = 5-second delay before the clock starts for each players' turn.

3-day option, rds 1-2 = You can play the tournament during just three days, but round 1 and 2 will have different time controls for their participants.

2-day option, rds 1-4 = Same as 3 day option, except with even different time controls for the first four rounds

Dick1134

How do I join a 1-3 day per move Swiimtournament🙏🤔

StumpyBlitzer

https://www.chess.com/tournaments

Plenty there