Forums

cant castle in 960

Sort:
AmitDhoundiyal
I am not able to castle in one of my 960 games...help
Commander_Riker

960 casling can be tricky. If you send me the game link I think it would be Ok to tell you how to casle but no outside assistance is allowed in a ongoing game. 

AmitDhoundiyal

Sure...I know Please see my game vs chillybriskcold I can't castle on kingside

Commander_Riker

Sure you can and this is one of those complicated positions..

First move in 960 you need to look where your king is located. In your case remember Queen on her own color and the king next to the queen on the other side.

So you can castle Queenside by just moving the rook on d8 up or to the left. Then next move you could castle always dropping your king on the rook to get the computer to castle correctly.

By moving that rook your castling would put the king on c and the a rook on d.

To king side castle you have the queen on g to move the Bishop on f and then drag your king and drop on the rook on d and it will put your king on g8 and your rook on f8 which is castling on the kingside. 

As I said castling in some 960 positions is just very complicated.  If you need more help just message me happy.png Good Luck

macer75
Commander_Riker wrote:

Sure you can and this is one of those complicated positions..

First move in 960 you need to look where your king is located. In your case remember Queen on her own color and the king next to the queen on the other side.

So you can castle Queenside by just moving the rook on d8 up or to the left. Then next move you could castle always dropping your king on the rook to get the computer to castle correctly.

By moving that rook your castling would put the king on c and the a rook on d.

To king side castle you have the queen on g to move the Bishop on f and then drag your king and drop on the rook on d and it will put your king on g8 and your rook on f8 which is castling on the kingside. 

As I said castling in some 960 positions is just very complicated.  If you need more help just message me  Good Luck

I was considering getting into 960 sometime... play a few games, and see how it goes. After reading that post, I think I'll stick with regular chess for the time being.

Commander_Riker

It is not that hard castling is one of the only real issues to learn but not that hard. The game is fun as you do not have to worry about a opening DB as the pieces are randomly placed except for the pawns. Try it sometime it can be fun happy.png