Forums

Cheaters?

Sort:
sensifer

What's up with people that start playing only top moves after they start losing? I find the hardest games are the ones where I start winning after less than 10 moves. Then freaking Kasparov takes the seat. It's very frustrating.

Gottfried94

Over 60.000 accounts get banned yearly for cheating and those are only the most obvious ones who use engine for most or entirety of the game. People using engine for 3-4-5 turns to turn the game around will never get banned as you cannot safely prove anything. Get used to it or play directly vs engine there's nothing more to say.

nklristic
Gottfried94 wrote:

Over 60.000 accounts get banned yearly for cheating and those are only the most obvious ones who use engine for most or entirety of the game. People using engine for 3-4-5 turns to turn the game around will never get banned as you cannot safely prove anything. Get used to it or play directly vs engine there's nothing more to say.

Not correct. They ban many more than that (the site is too big for such a small number). They ban tens of thousands of accounts monthly, not yearly. In January it was actually 66 000:

I had opponents who were banned who I didn't suspect were cheating, because in our game they weren't obvious. If they cheat like that once, they might not get caught, but eventually they win too many games and their account will become suspicious, so they will be banned, just not right away.

They even ban several titled players every month, who know a lot about the game, regular cheaters usually don't stand the chance in the long run.

@OP

There are people like that. Whenever you are suspicious, report. And if you are almost 100% certain about some account, you can even send an e-mail to support with an explanation why you are sure. Perhaps you analyze a game in detail and send the PGN.

Doubleswest

I played 4 games today 3min. 2 i won. 2 i lost and they both had 90% accuraccy. Infested of cheaters. We all know it. Report all games u lose.

Martin_Stahl

Discussions of cheating, potential cheating, or cheat detection are not allowed in the general forums. If you would like to discuss, join the following club.

https://www.chess.com/club/cheating-forum

Also, game review accuracy is not a cheat detection method method used by the site. Most players are going to fall between 70-90% in most games.

Having some 90+% games are not signs of cheating.

This forum topic has been locked